• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance?

Amy104

Warren Veteran
My boyfriend has suggested I get Bluebell insured for piece of mind.

I've never really thought about insuring any of my buns in the past and wondered what your views are on it.

I'm worried as the excess seems quite high. Maybe I've been fortunate, but I've never had a vet bill higher than the excess quoted.

I haven't got insurance, instead i pay so much a month into a savings account as the excess on most pets insurance is rediculous x

I looked into insurance but decided it wasn't worth it for my two. I save the amount i was going to pay the insurance company (£20) away each month. I also have an emergency credit card just incase.

When I looked into it I found that the monthly payment and excess were high and had a few conditions that I didn't fully understand so decided it didn't seem worth the money! I don't have a separate "account" as such for the rabbits but I do have a "general contingency" budget each month and a general savings account that I would use for emergencies!

Hannah

i think pet insurance is a good idea, i am with pet plan, excess is £50 but i could soon pay that but not £1000 vet bill!:D

we have pet plan for Lola, £80 for the year and a £40 excess...it gives me piece of mind that whatever happens i will be able to get her anything she needs:)

we have pet plan for Lola, £80 for the year and a £40 excess...it gives me piece of mind that whatever happens i will be able to get her anything she needs:)

i second that! i'm with pet plan also.

I know i'd never be strict enough to keep putting X amount away into a bunny bank account each month, so insurance takes the hassle out of it. i don't even notice it's missing :D

pet plan are good my to buns are with them its just over £80 per year, and i find it gives me peace of mind to think my buns are covered. I only have to pay a £40 excess on mine so not a big amount compared to what you could pay:wave:

i cant save.... ive tried and my savings account is empty as per..... i pay £9.21 a month to petplan my credit card could stretch to the excess should i get an emergancy but theres no way i could afford huge vets bills..... my dog is also insured and luckily my cat was..... £600 quid it cost for his treatment and unfortunately he didnt make it.. but had it been treatable it could have cost £1000's....

what they pay seems very reasonable with petplan... so long as the vaccinations and health checks are up to date they do pay up if you make a claim :D

I'd recommend insurance to anyone who hasn't already got it, and who's bunny doesn't already have any existing health problems (because the likes of Pet Plan wont touch any claim relating to this).

Since we've had Kitt he's cost:-

£30 for treatment of an abcess on his ear - baytril and the 2 consultations,

£511 for injury caused allegedly by my other bunny, Jamie (believed by myself and Hawys to have been caused by the ramp on the hutch) - 3 operations under anaesthetic, 3 lots of stitches, the removal of abcesses, the cost of recovery food, metacam, baytril, fibreplex, syringes, collar to keep him away from the wound... THEN an additional £80 for a new indoor cage for him, lol.

So, please... get insurance. I'm going to get Sapphire insured first thing in the morning!!

xx

Back