• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pleased with receptionist at vets

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I rang to book the girls in for thier spay this morning.
First thing she asked, was there any chance she could have mated within the past two weeks because if so she would need to book an emergency.
Grand
Second thing she said was, make sure when you come you bring food so that they keep eating. And feed them as normal prior to coming, as rabbits are grazers and you can have serious consequences if you don't. She explained about stasis.
Next, she explained they will send a leaflet to me explaining everything, the procedure and before and after care.
Im just really pleased, just hope our nice vet deals with this well. ill worry until its over now x

:) Sounds like your bunnies will be in good hands

fingers x'd. I also mentioned to her about thier scrap and she explained to make sure they were still in same room so they could see eachother... she said its possible they'll calm after spay but not guarantee so you may need to look to rescues for another couple of boys... not like a vets to suggest rescues xx

That is so encouraging to hear :D and it must have done a lot to put your mind at rest.

Thankfully my vets also encourage rescueing, but then they do have posters of mine in the waiting rooms :D

fingers x'd. I also mentioned to her about thier scrap and she explained to make sure they were still in same room so they could see eachother... she said its possible they'll calm after spay but not guarantee so you may need to look to rescues for another couple of boys... not like a vets to suggest rescues xx

My two boys had fights before they were neutered and had to be separated for a few weeks after but they did rebond relatively easily. I dont know if females are different but I found it did calm my two down alot.

thats really good, i dont find me recptionists to be all that good to be honest, once they told me stop his food at 8pm, then when i said that was wrong she said sorry she thought i was booking in a cat! but my vets r excellent so i try to ignore the way the receptionists are.

That is so encouraging to hear :D and it must have done a lot to put your mind at rest.

Thankfully my vets also encourage rescueing, but then they do have posters of mine in the waiting rooms :D

definitly, i was panicking, i will still panic but im quite happy. and now my two are seperate they are calm x

hey indiechic i woundered how much is it at your vets to have girls sprayed? my vets only neuture boys so need to look for somewhere good i can take miss masiey :D
xx jess xx

its 60-70 each. which is expensive but its Norwood in Bev and they are really good. how u doin jesska? how r drifter n flurry? iv not been to sc in a while, due to other commitments, but i asked mel next door to tell them they were being bonded hopefully x

its 60-70 each. which is expensive but its Norwood in Bev and they are really good. how u doin jesska? how r drifter n flurry? iv not been to sc in a while, due to other commitments, but i asked mel next door to tell them they were being bonded hopefully x

£60/70 is about average for a spey, so not really expensive especially if its a good vet :D Xx

aww its great to hear theres good receptionists out there :D my vet receptionist is :censored: i was running around my town looking for some Pellets as id run out and my buns were all hungrey no where had any in so i popped into the vets asked if they had any and they said no, just give the rabbits a carrot and they'll be fine :rolleyes: the vet nurse also moaned when i had my buns down being neutered as shes allergic to them :roll: im glad she wasnt the one doing the surgery :roll:

Back