• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens on offer !

Steph

Warren Veteran
:wave: Oooo Mikey my son went to Tesco last night for me as I have been unwell and got me some greens :D They are on special offer again at 59p a bag, a saving of 40p :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to get me some today!
They're not as good as they used to be at Tesco though, they used to be huge big nice leaves, now they seem to be mainly stalk, and what little leaves there is, are usually all ripped!

They must have upped their quality because the bags Mikey got me are full of green leaves :D

I bought some the other day and I'm impressed with the quality. I don't usually buy veg from supermarkets but I was desperate :lol:

YAY!!! I wonder what % of spring greens sold are for human consumption and how much is for rabbit consumption??

Acutally I bought the nicest bag of spring greens ever from Waitrose - don't know how much they cost because the whole bill came to £30 and I really didn't buy and "proper" food :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I always wonder that myself!!!:lol: I often look at them and think, 'I wouldn't eat those things!' But I am sure that my local greengrocer and Tescos must think that I am THE healthiest person on the PLANET with the amount of fresh veg that I buy! I just don't let them see the peanut butter KitKats and bottles of chocolate Frijj that are stashed in the bottom of the trolley!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back and got some, not opened them yet but they look nice!
I dont see veg as human food, just guinea pig and rabbit food lol. Esp spring greens...they look horrible!

I don't like spring greens unless they r in something or covered in butter.
mmmm

i will get some if they are still on offer tomorrow, still got as couple of leaves left in my fridge x

I wouldn't know how to prepare spring greens or kale or celery sticks. I am not a big fan of green vegetables, usually stick to peas and broccoli for myself. I got two bags of spring greens from Tesco this week and they look really nice.
Do you keep them in the fridge? I would not have space to put 5 of those big bags into our fridge. Two are all I can squeeze in.

I wouldn't know how to prepare spring greens or kale or celery sticks. I am not a big fan of green vegetables, usually stick to peas and broccoli for myself. I got two bags of spring greens from Tesco this week and they look really nice.
Do you keep them in the fridge? I would not have space to put 5 of those big bags into our fridge. Two are all I can squeeze in.

You can steam spring greens or kale (although it's a bit boring like that).. I like to stirfry spring greens with garlic (yum!) or put them in a tomato based pasta sauce. I also use stir fried spring greens/garlic to put in my 'risotto' with butternut squash, cheese and wholegrain rice.

I try and keep them in the fridge :D Sometimes I have so many bags they have to stay out on the tiled floor :shock: :oops:

i like my dad's homegrown spring greens cooked with butter, but I've never eaten them from a supermarket. I buy loads of spring greens for the buns. I'd also love to know how many bought are for pets!
I often go to the supermarket for greens and they ahven't got any. There must be a lot of rabbits in our area lol!

Last edited:
Asda's spring greens costs me 78p & theyve just gone up in price but at least the leaves are always big & green. My rabbits love them but I cant even stand near their hutch when theyre eating them. Hate their :evil: smell

I fill the entire bottom section of the fridge and also the bin at the bottom with the bun's veg......if anyone has put anything else in there, it has to go!!!:p :lol: :lol:

I fit the rabbit's stuff in the fridge fine when I'm on my own, but when my parents are about (which is all too often), then I struggle to fit just one bag of greens in the fridge... tempers occassionally fray in our household when it comes to fitting everything into the fridge! :lol:

p.s. my shopping basket also looks so much healthier coz of the rabbit stuff that's in here!!!

Back