• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old are these babies? (pics included)

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
nov8buns.jpg

nov8buns02.jpg

How old would you say these little guys are?

And when should they be separated to keep them from breeding?

I would guess at 4 or 5 weeks? Don't know what everyone else thinks? Its a year now since any of ours were that tiny. But thats what I'd guess x

Don't know about their age, but seperation from the mother between 6 and 8 weeks , then leave brother and sisters safe together untill 12 weeks. If possible, get males neutered at 11-12 weeks and then you don't need to seperate them at all. That's what I did with the twins.

Are they eating all their soft poops?
If not I'd say less than 5 weeks

I would seperate them at 10 weeks

Janex :D

hiya, thought a breeder input would be useful here

it would be helpful to see pics of parents if you have them

i'd guess no younger than 2 and no older than 4 probably around 3

take them away from mum between 6 and 8 weeks, 8 preferred but obviously it depends on mum and if she gets annoyed with them.

i seperate genders at 10 weeks... the bucks arent usually fertile untill about 15 weeks... but better safe than sorry... the does mature later so shouldnt be able to get pregnant untill quite a bit after the bucks are sexually mature... its mum you need to watch more

x becky

its hard to tell with out knowing the breed of the parent but i would say about 5 weeks.
here a pic of some that are 6 weeks old
6wk.jpg

Glad these little beauties are safe.... I've always thought wild animals looked younger than captive bred, dut to not having a constant supply of fattening food???

Those 2 agoutis are ador:love: :love: able.

its hard to tell with out knowing the breed of the parent but i would say about 5 weeks.
here a pic of some that are 6 weeks old
6wk.jpg

Bex just been on your site and those buns are sooooo cute. :D :D We have our names down for a grey rescue rex which Kay has just got in at Bunny Hop, she's just had him castrated so soon we will be able to take our nethie boy over to bond. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely love rex's though never had one - only just starting out really.

Good news! The local rabbit rescue group will be proving my friend with low cost spay/neuter when the time comes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back