• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BRC Rings

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know should the bunnies DOB be on the ring?
This is as a bun has arrived in a rescue with ring on

I thought it was just the breeders BRC registration number and a reference code for the rabbit?

Never got a good look at one before its been cut in half though.

The years is but not the date :) You can trace it back to the breeder though that might have more info.

Tam

thanks..was asking on behalf of someone else..not had a bun with a ring on here for a while and thought I remembered some date on it.:D

So if you ring the BRC can they tell you or do you have to get the breeders details from them and then ring the breeder?

Get the breeders details from them and then call the breeder....I dont think the BRC hold the individual rabbit records.

Is this to see if they want the rabbit back or for information?

For info - I think I've got this right - she was left behind with the neighbours when her owners moved so I don't know how old she is and was hoping to find out from her ring.

i once found how to decipher the date code on the rings off a website . might have been the BRC site but not sure .
it gives you the year the bun was born . ;)

Yep from what I recall there is a 2 digit number next to a letter - the letter is the ring size and the 2 digits are the year of birth, so 04X (or X04, can't remember) would be a netherland dwarf born in 2004. The other letters and stuff are the breeder details.

If you can't get a good look at it, roll a piece of plasticine (sp) or blu-tak into a flat sausage shape and squish it round the ring then look at the imprint when you peel it off.

I doubt you will get the breeders details from the BRC as there have to be carefull with giving out personal details but the brc will get intouch with the breeder. I know this because a friend of mine sold some rabbits with the ring on to a this guy and he even brought hutches off her and stuff then not long after the rspca got intouch the brc and then they got intouch with her because they were found running around loose on cannok chase, so he must ov let then go then we also found he was trying to buy more!!! This happend not so long ago, luckly they are safe now!

Back