• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose rubs

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I was stroking Polo earlier and he kept nudging my hand all he wanted was a nose rub, as soon as I obliged he was in heaven. I wonder why rabbits love their noses being rubbed so much.
Sallyx

I don't know, but Piper sure loves it too! :love: She also loves it when I massage her jaw, if that makes sense... I put my hand over her whole face and rub her jaw line and she is in heaven!

My 2 that I have had for a year don't let me tough them, but my new rescue bunny that had a horrid life and is in an awful loves people and nose rubs. Its weird because I always herd people going on about nose rubs, but never had a rabbit that likes it, its really nice having such an affectionate rabbit.

lola loves nose rubs, while im doing it she starts licking my hand, i think she is returning the favour. its so lovely to see her so happy:D

I can't rub Hugo's nose anymore :( So i rub the top of his head instead, which he accepts as a substitute :D

Caspian loves nose rubs, I think thats what finally won him over and got him to stop biting me.

If he has a nose rub in the morning before breakfast he lets me get his bowl out of the cage no problem where as a week or so ago it was a battle of wits to avoid being nipped.

I read somewhere that it is a sign of respect, that you are acknowledging bunny as the boss !! Its the same as the dominant bun putting their nose under another and demanding to be groomed. The chief bunsta always gets groomed!

Edit - Here we go just found this

http://www.paperglyphs.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Click on the prove that you love me section

Last edited:
Wow my cheeky rabbit all along I thought he was being affectionate, and secretly he was having the last laugh by ordering me to rub his nose. I never did like being told what to do:lol: :lol:
Sallyx

I don't know, but Piper sure loves it too! :love: She also loves it when I massage her jaw, if that makes sense... I put my hand over her whole face and rub her jaw line and she is in heaven!

Mine are the same... especially Caramel.. Lily and Sandy like just nosey rubs and the babies are even learning the joys of it now! :D

Mine are the same... especially Caramel.. Lily and Sandy like just nosey rubs and the babies are even learning the joys of it now! :D

Same here, will let me rub his nose and jaw for an hour, and then nudges me when I've stopped. It's fairly recent too, so I'm figuring that he's happy!

I hope Caramels still doing OK x

So does anyone elses bunny like ear tickles?

Me and Phil have a rather rude name for them due to the gentle 'tugging' motion :oops: :oops:

So does anyone elses bunny like ear tickles?

Me and Phil have a rather rude name for them due to the gentle 'tugging' motion :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: yup he loves it, but my mind isn't that polluted :shock: well, actually it is, I'd just never thought of it like that before :lol: :lol:

(BTW, I've PM'd you, not sure if your getting them or not, so mailed you as well)

Back