• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Throwing Around Vetbed

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
Milly and Molly have already moved their vetbed and thrown it around. Is there anything I can do to stop them doing this?

Two of mine threw theirs about.I eventually took it out as i figured they didn,t like it.

I just spent £20 on it so I want to keep it. I'll see how they get on with it. It's really warm and I think they need it. I have now added barley straw and there is more bedding in their bedroom.

I have this problem too. Homer loves the bed (he is lazy) but Katy scratches it up and rips its to shreds. Last night it did stay in the same place though as we put the old fleece over the edge and I think Homer must have stretched out across it so Katy could not move it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

all mine did was wee on it, bite and throw it around. i spent fifteen pounds on it and after i finally got it clean its now being saved for when i have a sick bunny that needs it.

Milly and Molly have already moved their vetbed and thrown it around. Is there anything I can do to stop them doing this?

Simple; they're telling you they like to throw things around.

Give them a small plastic flowerpot, some cardboard tubes (kitchen/loo roll type) and bunny toys to throw around.

They do like throwing cardboard tubes. :roll: I should read my bunnies better. I'll put some cardboard tubes and some small flowerpots in there. They do have a few bunny toys in there already.

I have used a staple gun to secure some vet bed into the top section of one side of the hutch. Easy to get back up again if you want to wash, but just lifting the staples back out.

I tried mine with Vetbed when they had been spayed, and they hated it. Threw it around, would only lay on it if it was the other way up. I think they found it too hot.

They are rexes so have quite thin fur. One half of their bedroom has vetbed, the other doesn't. The whole bedroom has barley straw and meadow hay at about 3-4 inchs so they can decide where to sleep. They left it alone all night and I put it out in their run for them to rest on on their house and they loved it. They did firstly dig it up but they lied on it soon after. I think Milly particularly likes it.

Back