• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no......U/D She wasn't pregnant :)

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
The NZWs are here.

Four-six months old supposedly two females.

Thats strange because one has testicals and the other is suspisciously fat :(

I am so sick of ignorant people right now.

Lets hope my vets can spey tomorrow and she isnt to far gone.

Last edited:
Do you know, I am beginning to think that a high percentage of the human race should be NEUTERED to prevent breeding yet more IDIOTS !! :roll:

Hope all goes well at the Vets Sooz

Janex

Thanks guys.

They both arrived nameless and in a 4ft hutch...I mean these are huge rabbits and they are only babies still :evil:

They are now called Samson and Bessie.

Oh No! Hugs to Samson & Bessie. . . and you.
Hope the vet can do the necessary tomorrow.
I despair of the human race! :evil:

Oh no :cry:

A friend of my mine at work (who first introduced me to rabbits!) has a NZW white and she's a really big bun... the thought of two buns that size in a 4ft hutch, even youngsters, is just :cry: :cry:

Oh no :cry:

A friend of my mine at work (who first introduced me to rabbits!) has a NZW white and she's a really big bun... the thought of two buns that size in a 4ft hutch, even youngsters, is just :cry: :cry:

They are bigger than a dwarf lop at the moment, probably between 2.8-3kg each. :?

I want to get them both neutered (both tomorow if possible) asap and not to split them but Samson is giving Bessie a really hard time and she is running ragged to get away from him.

When will they just introduce a law to stop idiots from keeping animals.... though I do like Janes suggesttion of neutering the idiots too......

Hope she can be spayed (though no doubt someone will argue) and that they both find lovely new forever homes.

I had a HUGE NZW as a kid, and have a bit of a soft spot for them.... piccies please.:D

They are bigger than a dwarf lop at the moment, probably between 2.8-3kg each. :?

I want to get them both neutered (both tomorow if possible) asap and not to split them but Samson is giving Bessie a really hard time and she is running ragged to get away from him.

:( Oh no... that's really difficult. I really hope Bessie isn't too far gone either, poor thing :( She's barely more than a baby herself. Is it possible to tell by the size of a bun how advanced the pregnancy is? :?

Do you think that they were really ignorant of the fact that they had a male female pair?! I often wonder if people just claim to believe that they have a single sex pair to avoid having to admit how irresponsible they have been :evil:

When she called initially she didnt even know what neutring/speying/sterilisation meant :? so I guess they probably wouldnt have known what testicals looked like either.

When she called initially she didnt even know what neutring/speying/sterilisation meant :? so I guess they probably wouldnt have known what testicals looked like either.

theyd prob not even got them registered with a vet to get them properly sexed :evil: :evil: :evil:
that was the first thing my vet did before he even checked Alvins heart sounds!!!!

sooz i really think you should turn off your phone hun before these stupid people push you over the edge!

Im so far over the edge Im laying on my back at the bottom of the cliff.

I cant turn my mobile off, adoptions come through on the same number ;)

Hope it goes ok tomorrow Sooz. Fingers crossed for Bessie.

If there's any way I can help you, please let me know.

Rebec x

Last edited:
Personally I would seperate them if Bessie is getting very stressed.
If she is to have a GA/Spay tomorrow she really needs to have a chance to settle overnight

Janex

Back