• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange Q

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
what do you all use to keep your house smelling fresh (those with housebuns)... im concerned what air freshners to use as i am not sure what is safe xxx

I don't really use anything in Bobbins part of the house, just open windows I guess. You could have some fresh flowers though, as long as they're not poisonous ;) Although that might be a bit pricey in the long run :rolleyes:

I wondered that too! I have one that puffs out smell every x minutes at the mo. My target is stopping the buns from stinking but as they do the 2 P's everywhere in their dog cage at the moment could be a long wait!:shock:

we have those febreeze plug ins - for some reason our house has some plug sockets half way up the wall so its out of the way from curious bunny noses:)

yes, i have the window open but as it is windy and i dislike the wind, its not something i like doing...
i wouldn't say they stink but its just when we have guests, i worry about it as its not a smell that is a particularly nice one. it smells nice now as ive just cleaned and there is fresh hay!!

Read the small print on the Febreeze plug in thingies.... I can't use other plug in fresheners 'cos I have fish tanks and there's a warning on the small print. Personally if it's too dodgy for my fish, it's too dodgy for the buns.

p.s. I bought the Tap-O-drop remover but then Spike went outside so I never tested it's effectiveness

http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_view.php?cat=21

Last edited:
we have those febreeze plug ins - for some reason our house has some plug sockets half way up the wall so its out of the way from curious bunny noses:)

Read the small print on the Febreeze plug in thingies.... I can't use other plug in fresheners 'cos I have fish tanks and there's a warning on the small print. Personally if it's too dodgy for my fish, it's too dodgy for the buns.

p.s. I bought the Tap-O-drop remover but then Spike went outside so I never tested it's effectiveness

http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_view.php?cat=21

i have fish, whats wrong with the plug ins?
x

don't know why that last post sent twice:shock: the plug in isnt in the room where she spends most of her time, we dont have anything in there. i can't think of any other ideas really

we have had the plug in in our living room and we have a goldfish tank. it has a lid on it but they don't seem to be affected by it. when it is in the lounge its at the other end of the room but we have had no problems with it. next time i go shopping i will check the back of the febreeze refill to see what it says. have had plug ins since we got lola and i don't think she minds

My buns are in the living room. But oddly, they don't smell. They use their litter boxes, which I change every other day. And they are on linoleum, so there is no bedding. Don't worry- they still have boxes and soft stuff to cuddle.

For smells, you can try sprinkling carpets with baking soda on carpets and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes before you vaccuum- it will absorb the odors. Also, instead of spray airfreshners, or plug-ins, which just mask the odors- you can use Fridge packs of baking soda. Just open the vents and sit them out. Change monthly. If you can't find the fridge packs, you can pour the baking soda into a bowl. Also, vanilla absorbs odors, and smells good. You can put about a tablespoon in a small bowl and set it out.

There are more natural alternatives to chemicals, which are safer for your buns and for you.

hey you could try using zoflora, its brilliant stuff, smells lovely and does say its pet friendly i use it to disinfect the rabbits hutches and shed and keeps then smelling nice and is a concentrate so last ages and its cheap. I know they do lots of differnt products and most supermarkets to sell them, here is there website if ur interested http://www.zoflora.co.uk/home/ also has hints and tips on there aswell which is helpfull.

becky

they sound like good ideas - i don't like air freshers - esp the ones that puff out stuff that i have atm - I just got it to keep my boyfriend quiet while i work out what to do longer term.

Back