• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really upset

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I feel like i can't do a thing right with my two. I went to put them out in the outside run and marsha was abit skittish as usual, but lilly, my lord. She almost bit me, she was being a twit and jumping at me, so i had to use her carrier but it really upset me as im trying to do right by them, by giving them fresh air and exercise and they just don't want it. I justg don't understand them anymore. :cry: :cry: am i a bad bunny mummy?

Your sooooo not a bad mummy, i think its easy to forget that just like humans animals get moods the same, gizmo gets moody some times i just take it on the chin its hard sometimes because we can tell them and show them how much we care but they cannot dont take it personally :wave:

thanks vicky, ive just had a good cry at my other half and hes upset now cus im upset.
I just feel no matter what i do its not right.
xxx

oh hun i know the feeling. two of mine adore me, the other is a bit wary cus she was rescues but one of mine, jelly ive had her from a youngster and she seems to hate me. she will lunge, bite and it makes me feel ao bad that she feels she has to do that. it isnt your fault, shes just highly strung, has she been spayed? i got jelly spayed recently and it seems to have helped a little.
dont feel bad. xxxxxxxxxxx

its not you its rabbits being rabbitty i think. they are curious and mysterious creatures!:shock: :shock: :shock:

oh hun i know the feeling. two of mine adore me, the other is a bit wary cus she was rescues but one of mine, jelly ive had her from a youngster and she seems to hate me. she will lunge, bite and it makes me feel ao bad that she feels she has to do that. it isnt your fault, shes just highly strung, has she been spayed? i got jelly spayed recently and it seems to have helped a little.
dont feel bad. xxxxxxxxxxx
shes being spayed very soon cus i can't take this behaviour ANYMORE.
x

Awww you silly thing. Course its not you. I always feel im a bad Mum because my rabbits are always always poorly, Jen is my first bun to live to her second birthday - imagine how that makes me feel!! :cry: Even my vet says Im the proof of the theory that well kept bunnies get poorly more etc. But I know I couldnt do any more for them if I tried, they are adored, spoilt, loved so much..! Jen bit me last night, I told her she was a grumpy girl and we had a cuddle :lol: Xx

shes being spayed very soon cus i can't take this behaviour ANYMORE.
x

hopefully it will help, i know the feeling! i feel ao awful bcus when ppl cum over they cum and have a look, and sumtiems give them a little stroke, and they wander over to jellys hutch and im like 'no leave her' as if shes some beats behind bars!!

now shes living with peanut shes actully better. she ALWAYS lunges at me every morning 4 her brekkie. but today she didnt! yay

Aw, you aren't a bad bunny mum at all! If she isn't spayed then it's probably her hormones making her like that! Don't give up, you just have to persevere and it will all turn out fine :)

well i think we will be getting two boys once they are spayed as i thin thats the end of thier sisterhood x

Try not to upset yourself, you haven't done anthing wrong. Rabbits are very individual animals with very different personalities and get moody sometimes just like we do. Fortunately for me Bluebell is a proper little lap bunny and will cuddle up for hours watching the telly, but most of my previous buns over the years have been more on the anti-social side. Patience is a virtue as they say. Stay positive and good luck.

Back