• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

On average per year..

Well I've only had Kovu a few months but so far its been...

£35 - Vaccinations
£60 - Castration and Microchipping
£3 - Bag of food, approximately once a month/month and a half
£2 - Bag of hay, usually one a week
£2 - Litter for litter tray, once a month usually

So over the course of a year its probably soewhere near £200, if not more!

Just one? :lol:
On food alone, mine would cost 1250 euro a year, but I don't have a garden, meaning I buy all vegetables on the market and hay in little bags from our local petshop. I counted about 20 euro on food a week and just added some for vetcosts.

I'd say about 400 Pounds per year, and that only includes 3 vaccinations, pellets, hay, straw, vegetables and some toys and accessories, but nothing fancy. Holiday boarding is extra, and also costs for the vet when they get ill.

My sums make it £223 per year per rabbit as an absolute minimum - no toys/cage/boarding/no-vaccination vet trips in there:

myxi = (2 x £25) NB expensive vet
VHD = (1 x £25) NB Expensive vet
Pellets = (3.65 x £15) based on 100g SS per day at £15 per 10kg sack
Hay = (52 x £1.80) small-ish bag of hay per week

So, £500 per pair, without vet treatment, toys, impulse buys on Bunny Basics and Hay Experts, accommodation etc. I didn't count accommodation because it is a periodic rather than yearly cost, and the amount can vary so much depending on how/where you house your buns.

What are you writing?

i spend.... £14.00 every month on food
£6 a month on hay and straw, get a bale of each for £3
£26 for myxi and vhd altogether, x 4 buns
have spend... £200 on hutches since i got my buns
£130 on vet bills
and probably hundreds on toys!!!whoa

I've worked it out to be £373 for the first year (including housing and neutering) and £233 for every year after that.

Although I'm sure I will have spent far more than that already! :oops:

I have spent £300 in the last month. :shock: Its ok thought coz I am going to sell my boyfriend on ebay to cover it. :D

EEK. I'm too scared to add up what mine are, but Biscuit's vet bills for the last year must be about £100 as it is :|

I daren't think. Caramel cost me £220 in vets bills alone this month! I am about to change their food which should work out alot cheaper! But they only like fancy hay whcich is £4 a bag and that lasts about a week.... I think I just won't think about it!:lol:

When I just had Bertie not that much just his vaccinations per year and food and hay.
Then Molly came along and that's where the big money started :( It cost me £900 in around 6 days I paid that to try to save her, my poor girl died anyway though :( :cry: :cry:
Then Furby came along(touch wood) no illness that needed treatment so only vaccinations and food and hay for her.
Then Fudge it cost me to have him neutered, it also cost another £115 when he got an infection after his op..
Then Fizz nothing with her apart fron Vacs,hay food..
Then finally Thomas nothing apart from vac,hay food..

So all in all I'd say £1,500 since January ..

Back