• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies being hurt, need help now!

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
I friend of mine's husband has some bunnies where he works. They are the children of escaped pets and are very friendly.

Last night there was a creep who caught one of the ducks and was trying to feed it to a hawk that another guy was holding. Her husband and his coworkers tried to chase them down but they got away in a truck.

They found a dead bunny at the scene.

They called the police but since they didn't get the license plate the cops didn't have any leads.

Today the creeps were back! They drove away when one of her husband's coworkers saw them, but this time they were in a different vehicle.

We need to catch these bunnies as soon as possible! They are friendly enough to sometimes let you pet them. There are at least three babies and several adults. One of the bunnies (Black Bunny) is missing and they think the creeps got him too.

All help is welcome!

She contacted the local rabbit rescue group but they won't take in any of the bunnies. The plan is to catch the bunnies and then find home for them...

What should we do???

ds8.jpg

ds7.jpg

ds6.jpg

ds5.jpg

ds4.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds2.jpg

ds1.jpg

These are the bunnies the creeps are hurting! The big black bunny is the one missing now. :censored:

These bunnies are very dear to my friend and her husband. They love them like pets and have been feeding them regularly. There were plans to catch them already, but she was waiting until she had some homes lined up. Now there is no time to waste...These creeps are acting in broad daylight in a public place...

I don't know the name of the place. He especially is very upset...:( :( :(

Any ideas? Come on guys!

I know this is the sort of drama a troll would come up with but I'm serious. These buns are in danger. :censored:

Aww this is so horrible. :( I hate scum bags like this and can not begin to understand people who harm animals, especially ones that trust us. Really hope you get some support from people close by.

Is there any way they can set up any sort of surveillance to catch the people doing this? Cameras or something?

Is there any way they can set up any sort of surveillance to catch the people doing this? Cameras or something?

Yeah CCTV, good idea! There are loads of tiny cameras that you can get now a days that can be hidden and the images linked straight to a PC so no tape to worry about. Could that work, or is it inadmissable for the police?

I wish it was somewhere where we could physically come and help. These bunnies all need to be caught, neutured and rehomed into lives they deserve. People make me so mad. Is there anyway you could go down there and try and catch as many as poss?

Try contacting the humane society or local cat rescues are ask for humane traps. With those people around you'll need to stand and watch them but it will help with the catching. The bunny walks is (tempted by carrot etc) and they walk on a lever that triggers the door to close. The rabbit is safe inside.

A pen to chase the rabbits into is another option for catch them.

Large nets (again try cat rescues/humane society).

Dropping a towel/sheet over a rabbit is a good way to slow it enough to pick up.

Tempting them into cat carrier and then closing the door another way if you can get close.

It would be best if you can find a rescue to help, you might find people out of year local area if your local shelter is full.

Did you try: http://www.bestfriends.org/ ?

Haven't read your posts yet - want to update you asap.

is 5000$ fine to have hawk with no license

they have contacted many ppl, the buns are in a protected wetland and the ducks are too

so have contacted wetland ppl, the ppl who deal with poaching, the police, etc etc

still no one caught, trick is to get the license plate :censored:

will know in hour or two if any buns have been caught yet...

are those Flemish Giant? They really looks like Flemish Giant to me

If possible, I would either have someone stand by at night w/ a camera to take lic. plate

or use motion sensor light to alert any moving human, of course, motion sensor light will be alert by animal as well, but it's a trade off that you can live with

Hidden infra red camera is still the best

Back