• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Poo - Sorry!!

MarleyMoo

Alpha Buck
I've noticed that Marlon seems to be doing a mix of small and large poos! (The things you notice! :roll: :oops: ) There's loads of them but just wondered if this is normal? I clear out the mess every day so I know it's not just that he was doing big ones and now doing smaller ones, it's definitely a mix of both!

Any help appreciated!

Vic x

Mine do this too. I thought maybe it was to do with when they produce caecotrophs? Or maybe eat less during the time when they sleep? Neither of mine have any teeth problems or anything either, they're both munching away now!

Thanks guys, it's a relief to know other buns do this too! We obviously take far too much notice of rabbit poo though!!

Vic x

Ok phew, I've been worrying about my two for a few weeks since I noticed this happening. Glad it seems to be normal :D

my 2 big bunnies have poos like that too but the big poos really stink :lol:

Do you mean slightly squishy poos that look like mini bunches of grapes? If so, then these are caecotrophs, the nutrient rich poos which they are supposed to eat. If you are seeing caecotrophs then you might be feeding a bit too much dried food. If you reduce the amount of dried food and up the amount of hay they eat then they should eat the caecotrophs :) The round, dry poos don't tend to smell :)

Back