• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a third....?? is it possible

Alpha

Warren Scout
Im just wondering if anyone has bonded a third bunny into a pair. I have Mr pips who is very placid and welcomes the foster rabbits with little nose ribs thro the bars of the run and isnt aggressive in nature to the other buns. He is bonded with jojo. Then i have Alfie who i am thinking of keeping. he is a neutered male also. (all my bunnies are neutered). Is it possible to bond another male into this pair do u think. I have put the two males together and alfie lowers his head and pips mounts him which is quite normal but them its alfie who gets aggressive.? I have bonded before and know all the rules im just not convinced that two netured males can bond. anyone had success with this match????/

Hi:wave: , I have 2 neutered brothers. The rescue I adopted them from is going to attempt to bond them with their father (also neutered). The lady there says it may or may not work but she thinks it is worth trying. Is the other rabbit in the trio male or female, I think that might make a difference (2 males and a female are more difficult I believe - I might be completely wrong??? :roll: ). Perhaps you could PM one of the rescues on here for advice? Good luck, Claire x

I bonded a second male into my male female pair. It depends largely on temperment, Fiver, the male in my existing pair was submissive and I added another male with submissive character traits. Scout (the female) previously lived with another female and was submissive in that pair so I knew they were all able to compromise!

It was a very easy bond and they are all very close to each other.

Hi:wave: , I have 2 neutered brothers. The rescue I adopted them from is going to attempt to bond them with their father (also neutered). The lady there says it may or may not work but she thinks it is worth trying. Is the other rabbit in the trio male or female, I think that might make a difference (2 males and a female are more difficult I believe - I might be completely wrong??? :roll: ). Perhaps you could PM one of the rescues on here for advice? Good luck, Claire x

Oooh is that the ever so lovely Blue?? You have his two boys don't you :D

Yes, I do (Eric and Ernie). Blue is so beautiful I can't believe he hasn't found a home yet, I really hope it works- Eve is lovely and very brave :lol:

Eve is great :lol: Blue is such a gorgeous bun, I was with Eve when we went and picked him up, I said "oh he won't be with you long, he's lovely!"

The boys are amazing and they were so lively and entertainng whenever I saw them, are they settling in well with you?

Eve is great :lol: Blue is such a gorgeous bun, I was with Eve when we went and picked him up, I said "oh he won't be with you long, he's lovely!"

The boys are amazing and they were so lively and entertainng whenever I saw them, are they settling in well with you?

Yes, they are very lively, always trying to escape :oops: bless them they give me no trouble really, settled in very well. Still can't quite believe how much they eat. Ernie is the smaller but more dominant one, have caught him humping Eric before but most of the time they are snuggled up. I'm hoping he'll behave himself with Blue, fingers crossed Blue is happy being bossed about and they will bond x.

Yes, they are very lively, always trying to escape :oops: bless them they give me no trouble really, settled in very well. Still can't quite believe how much they eat. Ernie is the smaller but more dominant one, have caught him humping Eric before but most of the time they are snuggled up. I'm hoping he'll behave himself with Blue, fingers crossed Blue is happy being bossed about and they will bond x.

Oooh good luck, it would be great to see Blue in a good home, Eve is great at bonding so if there is any chance they will bond she can do it :) I think you need to put up some piccies of Eric and Ernie :D :D

Oooh good luck, it would be great to see Blue in a good home, Eve is great at bonding so if there is any chance they will bond she can do it :) I think you need to put up some piccies of Eric and Ernie :D :D

I will try to post some piccies, am not very computer savvy and baulk at anything too complicated :lol:

Back