• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sneezing

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Both bunnys have intermittant sneezing, ie maybe once or twice a day. can anyone list possible reasons for sneezing? theres no snot or soreness and both are eating and pooping and driving mummy up the wall as usual x
thanks xxx

Jane once mentioned sneezing has been related to teeth troubles but I doubt it in this case as they are both doing it. It sounds like it's their environment, it may just be dusty. Has it just been happening today?

its happened today and once last week. ive checked thier teeth, my house isn't dusty as i have dust allergy so have to be clean. thier teeth are fine
xxx

by opening thier mouth....??? and i live not far from a woman who is a vet nurse and she checked them tooo

As far as I am aware opening their mouth is not sufficient to detect teeth problems. They need one of those magnifier contraptions to see the back molars, and even then that's not sufficient to see root problems, which is done by x-ray.

I'd be very surprised if the sneezing was teeth related though.

is easy to see their front ones if they are calm about having mouths touched but to see the back ones my vet had to stick one of those long things that go in your ear with a light on the end in their mouths so I guess the back teeth aren't something you can just have a look at at home.

As far as I am aware opening their mouth is not sufficient to detect teeth problems. They need one of those magnifier contraptions to see the back molars, and even then that's not sufficient to see root problems, which is done by x-ray.

I'd be very surprised if the sneezing was teeth related though.

the vet checked for teeth problems last time we were there. and to be honest i wuld be surprised as well as i would be having more problems than this if it was someting like that x

I thought teeth problems also meant a runny nose and dribbling? I know a couple of mine sneeze with hay... But as there no wetness or snot and they eat everything I not too worried...

Have they got near the bottom of a bag of food? That tends to be dusty in the bowl and would explain why it was on odd occasions....everytime you finish a bag?

Having the heating on can also dry the air and that may be making their airways more easily irritated?

Have they got near the bottom of a bag of food? That tends to be dusty in the bowl and would explain why it was on odd occasions....everytime you finish a bag?

Having the heating on can also dry the air and that may be making their airways more easily irritated?

that could maybe be in, had our gas fire on today, only cus it was freezing, i turned it off ages ago tho xxx

I thought teeth problems also meant a runny nose and dribbling? I know a couple of mine sneeze with hay... But as there no wetness or snot and they eat everything I not too worried...

Not necessarily, it can cause leaky tear ducts though. Yes Bobbin can sneeze if his food is getting to the end of the pack and is a bit dusty.

:lol: Like vaccuum cleaners my lot, just hoover it all up, hay, veggies, carpets, vetbed, papers:shock: Okay just kidding on the last three, though they would given half a chance!!:lol: :lol:

Isabelle has tried to make a her vet bed look like a teabag!!:lol: :lol: Pixie has just demolished her crisp box!! Buns eh dont you just love em!!

i know, well lilly tipped her digging box over earlier, i had just swept up... as much as i love them, they are silly lol x

Back