• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I was thinking, I dont think I really ever appreciated how much work rescue's put into looking after and trying to rehome rabbits, plus on top of that the home checks and vets bills. I definitely understand alot more since I joined this forum. How did you rescues start up? How do you manage to get people to do home checks and deal with the vets bills if donations dont come in frequently? I take my hat off to all of you rescues you do such an amazing job. I think it's great how everyone pulls together to try to rescue rabbits or find new homes for them, just wanted to say well done.:D :D
Sally

Thanks Sally, it's nice to be appreciated.
What I really don't think people understand is the emotional strain running a rescue puts you under. You get up every morning knowing you are going to be bombarded with calls and will only be able to help some - then you are left worrying about the ones you couldn't help.
And every day you see people buying from pet shops or breeding and it's like they have slapped you in the face with their selfishness. It is never ending, day after day, week after week. It really wears you down.

I agree, it must be heart-breaking too, as well as heart-warming:D You must also have patience of a saint, when you hear some of the stories and see the sights you must see!!

Thanks Sally, it's nice to be appreciated.
What I really don't think people understand is the emotional strain running a rescue puts you under. You get up every morning knowing you are going to be bombarded with calls and will only be able to help some - then you are left worrying about the ones you couldn't help.
And every day you see people buying from pet shops or breeding and it's like they have slapped you in the face with their selfishness. It is never ending, day after day, week after week. It really wears you down.

I can only imagine, how busy your day's must be. I can imagine it is very emotional and you must see some upsetting cases as well. I just think you are all very special people and dont always get the recognition you deserve
Sallyx

I can only imagine, how busy your day's must be. I can imagine it is very emotional and you must see some upsetting cases as well. I just think you are all very special people and dont always get the recognition you deserve
Sallyx

I echo this. I decided I wanted to help out locally and I agree Sally, I only had some idea, but not nearly enough understanding of the depth of commitment both financially and emotionally that is taken on. Not least as well because the people who run the rescues often have to hold down the demands of a job and house/family too.
I have offered my services, help out as often as I can, make donations and try and help with fund raising ( although my imagination is rubbish :roll: )sponsor a bun and have agreed to foster if needed too, but even that is only a small fraction compared to the level of dedication that the Rescue runners do. You all have massive respect and the highest regard in my book! Good on you all!:D :D Thank you.

Back