• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so many unloved and unwanted pets

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Just been looking through Preloved and FreeAds ( cos I'm a bit bored and had enough of doing housework and cage cleaning :lol: ). The number of unwanted rabbits and indeed all other animals is shocking :evil: :evil: Lots of 'free to good home ' and even more where a price tag is attached. The wording of some of the adverts makes me want to go round to these people's house's and beat them over the head :censored: One advert for a pair of female rats stated that the owner wants rid because they are taking up space :shock:

Its a very depressing state of affairs. I so wish I could do more, but realistically I cannot help every needy cause. Going to ruin my healthy eating plan with a large bar of chocolate and a bag of crisps now to console myself

it is very sad alot of buns on there are really needing a second chance bless them i would have them all if had time and money. but i dont think advertising as free is nessaceraly a bad thing....as long as they make sure that home is expierianced and has adequet facilitys for the rabbit and can provide a good loving home then its ok, in fact i think its nicer than people who are selling them to make a bit of cash. (no rescue people are meant to be offended by this as i know when you ask for a donation it is to fund the caring of the animal and to rescue a new one befor anyone shouts)

Just been looking through Preloved and FreeAds ( cos I'm a bit bored and had enough of doing housework and cage cleaning :lol: ). The number of unwanted rabbits and indeed all other animals is shocking :evil: :evil: Lots of 'free to good home ' and even more where a price tag is attached. The wording of some of the adverts makes me want to go round to these people's house's and beat them over the head :censored: One advert for a pair of female rats stated that the owner wants rid because they are taking up space :shock:

Its a very depressing state of affairs. I so wish I could do more, but realistically I cannot help every needy cause. Going to ruin my healthy eating plan with a large bar of chocolate and a bag of crisps now to console myself

I know I feel the same as you do. I do try to stay off those sites because it does upset me especially when people seem to be getting rid of their animals for some ridiculous reasons. One women in Essex wants to rehome her female rabbit or "swap it" for another one as the female has "got too big" for her daughter! :censored: Makes me so cross

I now try to avoid looking at free-ads, they make me wanna cry:( I feel so guilty myself at the moment as just been offered two buns, that I just can't squeeze in and it breaks my heart:cry: I wish people would read all about animal care and really think things through, before purchasing said pet!!:evil: :(

33,000? Thats awful... oh I am so glad now I took Luna and Benjamin on now and away from potential backyard breeders... If only every pet was neutered and everyone researched:(

I never look but if anyone sees a brown rabbit called Scooby from Northamptonshire on them, please let me know. He belongs to my neighbour and putting that poor little mite on FreeAds is just the sort of thing they would do:( .

I think it's tragic the amount of unwanted pets, it just shows how selfish and stupid some humans are.

Back