• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits like the smell or a strange rabbit...? Or they're just weird.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I just put both my bunnies out in their run. Unfortunately, when I'm in alone, I have to do this one at a time - one of the rabbits has to be carried out in the cat carrier that we use to transport our cats, or rabbits, to the vets, etc. Anyway, I had put Barney out in the run and lifted the heavy lid on top, so Amber had to go in the carrier to ensure I'd have free hands when I got out ther to lift the lid... I had forgotten, up until I put her in, that the last animal in there had been a holland lop doe last weekend. o_o; Amber was sniffing all around, but otherwise seemed unconcerned.

I put the carrier in the run, and opened the door... but the moment Amber came out, Barney dashed in. I went to close the front door before trying to wrestle my box back from them. By this point Amber had come back in and had rolled about all happily over the rabbit-smelling towels, before flopping down to rest. The moment she got up and left, I reached in and Barney skipped in, sat himself down and refused to come out. I've onyly just got it back, and that was after tipping it to evict them...

Is this some weird, territorial behaviour? o_o I'd been worried thinking the scent of another, unknown rabbit might upset one or the other, but they both seemed interested and happy just then.

Last edited:
Back