• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how big does a dwarf lop get?

vicky206

Mama Doe
gizmo is my first bun so i have no clue on size or when they stop growing, but he is quite big! how can you tell the difference between a dwarf and french lop? my brothers other half has a non dwarf rabbit and she says they are now the same size?! sorry stupid question!:wave:

something about the headshape but i cnt remember what.

french lops are alot bigger, if you want to see a dwarf lop fully grown look at the piccies thread 'peanut butter picture fest' hes my dwarf lop and he is fully grown now. xx

Hi thanks for prompt about the head, i was thinking that frenchys are more thick set? definately misleading with calling them a dwarf! can you post a link to that picture? well gizmo is still growing day by day he is about 10 months old now - he can get as big as he likes though as i love him what ever he looks like! :lol: :D

thanks so much for piccie he goooorgeous! after analysing pics gizmo is defo a dwarf they have loads of similarities with the head and the way the body is shaped.

So there is dwarf lops and mini lops?! i thought it was the same but different terms so what is a mini lop? :oops:

smaller than a dwarf. god its get confusing.

oh and before it confuses you..a holland lop is the american name 4 dwarf lop

so ive been told?

(god please dont be wrong again)

I guess they are called dwarf lops because they are smaller than the other lops.. but still people buy them thinking they'll be a dwarf breed :rolleyes:

I guess they are called dwarf lops because they are smaller than the other lops.. but still people buy them thinking they'll be a dwarf breed :rolleyes:

i did!

my train of thought ' i had netherland dwarfs as a child....hmm dwarf lops, oh must be the same size as a netherland just a lop'

whoooops! luckiyl i had space for the big cuddly softy

I was told dwarf lops got their name due to the lop ears being shorter and not dragging on the floor

don't know if this is true

Back