• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bonding dilemma

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Spudsey (wild female) and Squirrel have been living apart and have been 'dating' on occasional evenings through a mesh divide as i have been waiting for 8 whole weeks after Squirrel had been neutered.

Times up tomorrow!!! I was hoping to bond them together in the shed outside but due to my o/hs Dad being in hospital after a stroke my o/h has stayed in wales and I don't know when he is coming back.

So...no shed. Squirrel is in a hutch but with no run attached so he comes in for a run round, and Spudsey is in a warm house in a indoor cage.

Obvioulsy its getting later in the year as well so getting even colder outside so I don't know what to do with them both! Is it cruel to let them in together each evening and then put them back in separate hutches!? Or should I try to acquire a hutch/run for them both until my shed is ready!?

Help!

Have they ever been funny with each other during dates through the mesh? If they have beenfine how about doing a meet each other in the bathroom or somewhere they have never been for a run around together?

Have they ever been funny with each other during dates through the mesh? If they have beenfine how about doing a meet each other in the bathroom or somewhere they have never been for a run around together?

No they've both been fine, Spudsey always gets very excited whenever Squirrels around!

Only got a small house but there is always my bedroom!

as long as you can watch them and it is quite neutral then i would personally do it as they have been looking friendly through the mesh. And if it is love at first sight they can snuggle up in your bed:love: :love: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :love: .:D

Think they would get on ok but my dilemma is still the housing side of things as shed isn't ready, not sure if o/h would be too overjoyed to find two rabbits living in the bedroom!!! :lol:

Think they would get on ok but my dilemma is still the housing side of things as shed isn't ready, not sure if o/h would be too overjoyed to find two rabbits living in the bedroom!!! :lol:

They look quite similar so as long as he only sees 1 at a time will be fine!:D :lol: :D :lol: Also had a thought - it would be really good motivation for OH to get shed sorted asap when he is back!

When you start bonding them it is best if you can leave it until you have a few days off to gether to concentrate on getting them together without splitting them. If you are off this weekend, could you ensure you have done everything you need to do and then get on with bonding them together without splitting them up again.

When you start bonding them it is best if you can leave it until you have a few days off to gether to concentrate on getting them together without splitting them. If you are off this weekend, could you ensure you have done everything you need to do and then get on with bonding them together without splitting them up again.

oh yes definitely planning on doing it so I can watch over them but think it might have to all wait as can't think of anything to solve accomodation problem!

What is wrong with the current accomodation you have ?

spudsey is living in my lounge in an indoor cage, and squirrel outdoors in a hutch. they can only 'date' through mesh dividing my kitchen and lounge at the moment, can't let them in together as they are unable to live together due to their neutral space not being ready.

Back