View Full Version : Been asked if I can take another 2 buns!U/D They on preloved!

06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I recently adopted Prudence and Posie my two piggies, their owner had emigrated and had left them in the house for new owners:? Well they also left two rabbits, that the owners wanted to keep:) Their kids liked the buns, but not keen on the piggies, so I had the piggies.... well anyway, I have now been asked if I want the buns too? :shock: I have just taken on Luna and Benjamin and I really have nowhere to put two more...:roll: Its just I not sure where they will end up if I say an outright no... They are in Benfleet, Essex and are girls I think and about the year old mark, they have been together all the time.... I really can't see how I could fit them in... anyone want two girly buns?!!!

06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Could you Foster them until a Rescue space becomes available. Obviously the owners would need to contribute a donation to be passed on to the Rescue to cover neutering and vaccinating
You can get a list of Rescues in Essex here



06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
im in a similar situation, im getting a boy bunny tonight, i have the funds for food, etc and i have spare housing but i cnt afford his neuturing, but i am getting himt o stop him going on freeads bcus they 'just want him gone now' poor guy. so im in i similar situation...essex too!!!

06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I wish I could take them:( But I really have no room left:( When Luna and Benjamin came, it meant Isabelle had the large indoor run as her main home, not that she minds one bit, but I have no cages left, no-where to put a hutch if they came with one... I only know of Briar Patch but not sure how full it is.. oh life isnt fair!!

06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
well if i find anywhere decent il let you know bcus of the little grey lionhead im getting this week, perhaps 2nite

06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Aw thanks;) Good luck with him and finding a home for your ickle black bun too:)

06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Well apparently they are male and female 'big' lops, sandy and black in colour... male is neutered, girl not:? they are approx 18mths and not sure of vaccs! I feel so sad cos tbh doubt I could fit in a Nethie at the moment!:(

06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
well i can go and get the boy 2nite...only problem is im unwell and i dnt think im upto travelling and cus they r so eager 4 him 2 go im worried they will give him away if i cnt go 2nite:(

06-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh you poor thing... thats the thing isn't it.. the worry about what will happen if you don't have them... the whole reason I took in Luna and Benjamin... if only everyone was like us on here, then all the buns would be sorted!!;) :lol: But all I have spare is the last of my indoor runs and if I use that, then Luna will have no-where to run... cos I have a dog too you see!! I feel soooooooo guilty!!:(

06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Gave the current owner about rabbit rehome..... now I am feeling guilty!!!:( So I am now off to see my lovely buns and cheer myself up!!!;)

06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
dnt feel guilty, we can save them all

08-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I looked on preloved last night, dunno why really and there were the bunnies I was asked to take on:( I gave the owner the email address for RR and Briarpatch and another rescue and it seems it has fallen on deaf ears... just hope these two buns get a good home:cry: I have really been thinking of ways to bring them here, but there really is no-where for them to go:cry: I feel so darn guilty!!:cry:

08-11-2007, 02:02 PM
well if youve given the details of briar patch etc, why dont you take them, and then take them to briar patch? its just the same as her taking them? (if youc an get there?) xxxxxxxx

08-11-2007, 02:06 PM
You'd better check with Briar Patch before doing that though - as I have said before, rescues have their own waiting lists and understand which buns are the priorities, and these might not be them. It's possible the woman did contact BPR but has been put on the waiting list, so it is a bit different than taking them and then taking them there. By doing that, it's effectively bypassing the waiting list and could be denying a bun in an existing direct cruelty situation from being helped..

08-11-2007, 02:07 PM
yeh thats true. maybe call her and see?

08-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I know she is full and has a waiting list at the moment so it's possible the woman did already call :cry: To be honest it's unlikely she'll be able to take them at the moment.

08-11-2007, 02:11 PM
they probably didnt want to wait.:(

08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
It's possible, and sadly all too common :cry: It's no wonder rescues get so frustrated when they have to deal with this every day and know that they simply can't help them all :cry:

08-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Must be awful having to turn awau a bun, its why ive been considering becoming a foster...dont know how2 go about it though. could only take one/a pair at a time though. x

08-11-2007, 02:26 PM
As heart breaking as it is to see buns in a situation like this and not being able to do something to help, there is another option that you can do and that is to offer to find a home for them rather than you taking them in yourselves or trying the full rescues.

You have to remember that not everyone on who takes on a free ad bun is bad either, there are plenty on here that have taken on a free ad bun but if you want to help then why not offer to go around and take photo's of said bun/s, ask if the hutch etc is encluded then advertise yourself on RR and yes, even the free ads where you can not only vett the potential new owner but do a home check if you so wish too. By putting your contact details and checking replies yourself you can at least decide if that is a suitable home for them and put your mind at ease that they are safe and looked after;)

As Alison has said, rescues do have a waiting list and have to prioritise case's. You can still put the buns on the rescue waiting list but in the meantime search for a new home for them yourself;) :D You can always ask for a donation for them on the ads nominating which rescue that donation will go to:D :D

08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
If anyone can get them up to me then I can take them, if it helps

09-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I can't drive so I can't really take them anywhere... sorry:( I have asked everyone I know if they will take them, but the answer was no...:( I really have no room, if I took them it would mean my own buns would have no indoor run and on cold wet days they need their exercise... can't go free range either as my dog is still in his puppy phase and though he loves them he is a 'bit much'!!