• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding advice needed - now only have Marilyn as her friend died on friday morning

jeng

Young Bun
I now have my beautiful bunny Marilyn on her own now. I went out to do them on friday morning and Joe was obviously unwell and hiding in a box - took him straight to the vets, they kept him in and treated him but he died within an hour. He had been fine the day before, eating etc and it appears that he had some sort of blockage in his stomach / guts as his stomach area was swollen in the morning - don't know what it could have been as they didn't have anything different in their diet that day.
I now feel bad that Marilyn is on her own and need to think about getting her a friend. She's a neutered female about 3 years old. I got them from an RSPCA centre not too far from here and I was wondering about going back there to explain the situation and try and bond her with a companion.

I've had a look on rabbit rehome and there is lots of info on bonding - I was just wondering if anyone has any other good advice on bonding? thanks for your help

So sorry to hear about your loss!! It's the most awful thing to lose a bunny! :cry:

When you feel ready you could go to the RSPCA place or another rescue. They might even do the bonding for you.

Good luck!

Nicola

So sorry, good luck with any bonding. My advice would be to go to the RSPCA or local rescue with Marilyn and let her choose her next partner. Going on a day when there is an experienced rabbit savvy volunteer there always helps too, especially if you can prearrange it. :D

Maria x

Back