• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bloody fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimd6200

Banned
arh i am so annoyed tonight!there has been bangers going off for the last hour.thumper is going crazy.ive shut the shed door but i can hear him running about n thumping.hope hes ok?goin to go out to him in abit but im a bloody mard **** n the shed i right up the top of the garden with no light n its realy spooky!is there anything i can do calm him down?cant bring him in cuz heating is up full blast.any ideas?

not really sure how bothered my lot are but after saturday night my nerves were shredded so we have brought them them in for the past 2 nights, Petey is happily creating a mess in a dog crate in our hall way.:rolleyes:

there isnt a plug socket only a light switch.calmed down a little bit.going keep any eye on him if i dare.xxxx

Has he got a window? If you can cover that up, it may help.

My lot are not too bothered by the bangs but hate the flashes. They have a curtain up and does help a bit.

I'm sitting in the conservatory at the moment, while 4 doors down they seem to be trying to recreate The Blitz:evil: !

Arrrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Not only is the dog :censored: scared but the bunnies i am bonding in my living room (now into a dog crate) have started chasing each other every time a banger spooks them.

Flippin' great :evil: :evil: :evil:

Its awful and shouldn't be allowed, I'm worried about the babies, but thankfully mum doesn't appear too bothered. They are in the conservatory.

Kim if he's really upset could you turn your heating down and bring him in?

Brought Flopsy in Saturday night when local display was on but put him back on last night (Sunday) as not many set off.

Really bad again tonight so brought him back in. Can still hear them really loud in house but he hasn't flinched yet!:D

Kept the heating off and its bl****y freezing in here but Flops seems fine.:shock:

he seems to have calmed down.munching on a carrot.totaly scared myself goin up garden but sittin in shed with him now,laptop on knee coffee in hand!:lol:

Last night was TERRIBLE here with fireworks.:evil: :evil: I went out every 20 mins - half hour to check on everybun. Had hutches covered with blankets where possible, and shed windows blacked out. The only one who seemed really freaked out by it was Daisy.....EVERYTHING spooks her. I put a couple of extra blankets in her cage so she wouldn't hurt herself if she started racing around in a panic when I wasn't there. Then when I was on my way back to the house from the shed, I had just made it to the back steps and a rocket from two houses down came crashing into my garden and hit the wall about three feet away from me. I was murderous!!!:evil:

I really, REALLY hate the whole fireworks thing!:evil:

My bunnies aint big fans either - the babies aint been to bad but poor phoebe was shaking in the corner of his hutch and making funny noises so i brung him into the lounge, he then made himself comftable on top of the sofa and fell asleep infront of the tv :lol:

Back