• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Anyone Encountered This Before-Re Bunny Behaviour

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Over the weekend I have bonded Colonel Colin and Bernie ( the late Ned's widow)
The bonding was amazingly straightforward but, as always, there has to be a 'but' :rolleyes: and this is it :

Bernie has started to honk and circle Colin :shock: :? and then try to hump him :oops: At first I thought it was a dominance thing but it seems that once Bernie starts to hump Colin he will......* :oops: cough :oops: * sniff her privates, lick her head then spray her all over :shock: :? Bernie then seems quite happy and leaves Colin alone.
Needless to say Bernie looks a mess as she is now mostly orange from wee instead of white :rolleyes: I dont want to wash the spray off her incase it upsets the early stages of the bonding

Woz goin' on !! :shock: :? :shock:

Janex

:shock: I have no idea, but at least they are getting on :D x

Hopefully they will calm down soon and it will stop

How odd! I assume they're both neutered and been done for a while?

Other than that, is Bernie your blind bun? Maybe odour is much more important to her and she feels safe in her position in the hierachy when she stinks of wee :?

one of my boys still sprays over his brother when he can sniff something new or if they are running round the garden, he digs a bit then sprays and usually Blues face gets covered:roll:

Bernie has been spayed for about 5 years and Colin was neutered about 4 months ago. Bernie is very poor sighted so maybe that has something to do with it :?
But she is behaving more like a Buck with all the circling and honking :?
I just hope Colin does not get grumpy with her when she humps him. So far he seems to understand what she is 'saying' ie she wants to be sniffed, licked and sprayed :oops: :? :oops:

I will never fully understand the language of the Bunny :rolleyes:

Janex

My Pippa "humps" roger and dave, they just sit and look as if to say " oh do hurry up will you":roll:

I took Billy back to the vets due to his spraying to make sure his op had been done properly as none of the others spray. The vet said that some bunnies do show excitment even after they have been done.

:?

They're just a kinky couple Jane - at least Christmas is sorted - get them some furry handcuffs :lol:

They're just a kinky couple Jane - at least Christmas is sorted - get them some furry handcuffs :lol:

:shock: :shock:

* Imagins Colonel Colin in a PVC suite and Bernie in suspenders brandishing a whip*

:shock: :shock:

Janex

My girl and boy bunnie do it too! very strange indeed, piper always tries to go for phoebes head tho (phoebes a boy btw) and phoebe usally ends up humping pipers side.. :roll:

OMG never thought I would read about kinky buns on here:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought my two were bad, Sadie humps Chesters head and then they play a sort of kiss chase!!:shock: :lol: :lol: Thankfully no spraying though!!

Lucius used to hump Bigwig and spray copious quantities of pee all over Wigs and himself. Fortunately this is getting less as Luc has been snipped now. Poor old Wigs was saturated and being so old cannot clean himself as well as he used to. He's going to to take a bath soon to get rid of all the sticky fur, but just need to wait a couple more weeks untill Lucius has stopped spraying - its hardly anything at all now, thankfully.

How old was Colin when he was de-plummed? My Oliver was done when he was adult (I think he was about 1yr old) and he still sprays every female in sight - Michelle always gets a wet face if she comes too close :shock: . My other boys were done as soon as they hit puberty and don't do this.

How old was Colin when he was de-plummed? My Oliver was done when he was adult (I think he was about 1yr old) and he still sprays every female in sight - Michelle always gets a wet face if she comes too close :shock: . My other boys were done as soon as they hit puberty and don't do this.

Colin was about 1 when he was castrated. It really is more Bernie who is exhibiting the 'frisky' :oops: behaviour with all her honking and circling :rolleyes: Colin just sprays her to shut her up!! :roll:

Janex

Colin was about 1 when he was castrated. It really is more Bernie who is exhibiting the 'frisky' :oops: behaviour with all her honking and circling :rolleyes: Colin just sprays her to shut her up!! :roll:

Janex

Haaaaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry :oops: )

Liam still sprays Mishka sometimes and she still occasionally 'humps' his head :rolleyes: , but i've never heard her grunt :?

She is a girlie bun isn't she? :rolleyes: :lol:

Back