• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A message from Floss

capel

Warren Veteran
DSC03097.jpg

Bournville and I are just back from the vet (mum always takes us there in our bed coz she thinks we'll be happier travelling in something familiar :roll: ). Anyway, I'm happy to say that although the man who tends to stick things in my eye said there's not been as much improvement as he'd hoped, at least nothing looks any worse so he's going to wait another 7 days before he decides whether "more intervention"(whatever that means!!) is needed. I thought maybe mum would be able to stop shoving the horrible medicine in my mouth and eye all the time but I can see her getting the stuff ready now, so it looks as though I have to keep on with it for the time being!! Ah well...

Awww Floss I hope the new eye-drops start to bring about an improvement.
I hope you are making sure you get a few tastey treats after taking your meds ;)

Janex :wave:

Hi Floss,

Been there, done that. Yes the medicine is yucky. I became a master of avoiding it. Here are my top five tips...

No1. Look calm and stay still then back up fast at the last minute. Result - baytril everywhere bar in your mouth.

No.2 Look calm and stay still then throw your paws up in the air to block the syringe. Result- baytril everywhere bar in your mouth.

No.3 Look calm and stay still then run like lightening as you spot that syringe coming toward you. Result - baytril everywhere bar in your mouth.

No.4 Look calm and stay still then right at the crucial point (which you'll be a master at predicting by now) shake your head from side to side. Result - baytril everywhere bar in your mouth.

No.5 Failing those , try all four...Look calm and stay still as owner swoops, back up, throw paws in the air, shake head to and thro and then run like lightening - Result- baytril everywhere bar in your mouth and one - not so calm - owner cursing you:lol: .

All tried and tested by moi.
Have fun

Monty
xxx

Dear Monty, Thanks for the tips. The problem is that I never know which is coming first..the yucky bitter Baytril or the almost-quite-nice sweet flagyll:roll: . I'm a girlie with a sweet tooth and sugar in any form is tempting! Last night I thought I'd perfected my technique of holding it in my mouth and then when mum removes syringe I'd let it all drip out of my mouth. But this morning she changed the angle and I had no option but to swallow it all very quickly. Mum looked very pleased with herself, so I'm busy plotting further avoidance strategies.Bournville and I are cuddled up together in a cool part of the kitchen because mummy and daddy say there are going to be lots of noisy bangs tonight. We want to go into the hall for a nice run around but I think there's something in there that we aren't allowed to see...:idea: perhaps it's our Christmas present :rabbit2: . Thank you and your shed mates for our pressy, but mum says we've got to wait 5 weeks before we can open the first part!:|
Lots of nose rubs from me and Bournie:love:

The problem is that I never know which is coming first..the yucky bitter Baytril or the almost-quite-nice sweet flagyll .

Bummer. See I've never had the Flagyl stuff. It was the same manky stuff all the time so I had nothing to loose.

Last night I thought I'd perfected my technique of holding it in my mouth and then when mum removes syringe I'd let it all drip out of my mouth. But this morning she changed the angle and I had no option but to swallow it all very quickly. Mum looked very pleased with herself, so I'm busy plotting further avoidance strategies.

Thats the oldest trick in the book. Well done.

Yes we sent the pressie early but we got confused when christmas is. We are rabbits. We don't know these things. But we can surf the net pretty well...

:lol:

Back