• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressful few days

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
The last four days have been very stressful for our buns and us. On Thursday Candy died, as mentioned on another thread, she was so skinny and seemed not to be eating much. Having taken her to the vets and giving her the prescribed meds and rescue feed she seemed to make a good start in her recovery but last Thursday we found her motionless in her hutch. I took her to the vets and sadly she died. Candy lived with her best friend Jasper who was now living all alone in a big hutch. Candy was Jasper's second friend he had lost.

ON Saturday was Fireworks night. We felt so angry at all those loud bangs. I ended up sitting with Casper to help reassure him but he seemed to have coped well with the bangs. I must be getting old as I really hate fireworks...I think they should be banned from public and only allowed to be used in controlled venues miles away from public places.

Sunday was the big day. This was the day we took Amber, Lionel (French Lops - not bonded) and Casper to Cheryl's (our local rescue centre) for bonding. When we arrived we fell in love with another bunny who would make the perfect friend for Jasper. We now had four bunnies to be bonded:? It felt horrible having to leave our babies and we spent all day worrying about them. However it gave us the op to water proof and re-arrange their new home for their return. Last night I text Cheryl and she replied back that it had gone well apart from a bit of fur flying:shock: They will not be returning home to us until Tuesday - cant wait to see them again as we miss them loads. It now feels strange no longer having Lionel waken us up in the mornings with a nudge in our face or a nibble on my chest or having a mess on the carpet:lol:

Phil

Aw, sorry about Candy - poor Jasper :( You've been through a stressful few days.

Good news that the bonding is going well though - bet you're missing them and can't wait till they all come home. Good luck! :)

They should be coming home tmw:D

They had to go away to be bonded as we don't have the large space they would need at home or have the nerves to go through the experience:lol:

Sorry to hear about Candy :( I hope Jasper likes his new friend and that he/she will cheer him up after the loss of Candy. Hope the bonding goes well and they all enjoy living together in their new home :D

Back