• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Zealand Whites U/D with PICTURES

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
No experience of this breed.....how big would you expect a 6 months old doe to be?

Last edited:
:shock: :shock:

Blimey.

So at four months about the size of a large dwarf lop then ? :?

Not sure about ultimate sizes, but i'd expect them to be pretty quick growers - based on what people usually breed NZ whites for.

Not sure of the growth rates, but ' think' they can reach 10-12lb when adults. I've never owned one, but have heard they are a bit like Frenchies in their temperment.
Taz

WalnutEarth626, would you say my Scipio is a pure NZWhite or not?
To me, he has the same look about him, but seems a little small... :?

100_4966.jpg

100_4665.jpg

Im trying to work out where to put a pair of them :? owner has only had them about 6 weeks and apparently she 'didnt realise they would cost so much'.

They are not neutered or vaccs so what excatly she is spending money on is a bit of a mystery :rolleyes:

Oh it gets better....

'Has she been neutered?'
'Has she been what?'
'Speyed, sterilised?'
'I dont know what that means?'

'Have they had their jabs?'
'I didnt know they needed any.'

:? :? :? :?

Oh it gets better....

'Has she been neutered?'
'Has she been what?'
'Speyed, sterilised?'
'I dont know what that means?'
:? :? :? :?

:shock: :shock: :shock: I knew what neutering was when I was younger, and I'd only ever had hamsters!!! So they werent neutered but at least I knew what it was!

Ive got a NZ cross with a giant and she weighs 6.5Kg.

She's a super bunny!

I adopted her from the P@H board - no-one wanted her because she was so big! She weighed 2.91Kg at about 15 weeks, but she is a cross so I think maybe true NZ are slightly smaller.

I LOVE her so much:love: life wouldnt be so happy or fun without her!

Definaltey the best decision I ever made!

She's a house bun too :lol:

WalnutEarth626, would you say my Scipio is a pure NZWhite or not?
To me, he has the same look about him, but seems a little small... :?

100_4966.jpg

100_4665.jpg

No, I wouldn't have said so. NZWs are were bred for pelt as well as meat, so have very thick dense coats with long harsh guard hairs. Your boy looks to have quite a short soft coat so I would guess hes another pretty cross.

Back