• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wish me luck!!!!bonding bunnies u/d confused

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
i am attempting to bond peanut butter and jelly today, they have had 2 brief meetings since her spay, one of which they went in a carrier together so im hoping this will be it!!

wish me luck..as jelly is actually the devil

Last edited:
yeh i read all thats tuff b4 when bonding domino and pebbles, luckily didnt need it but i had all the info anyway..

eeek im scared lol going to get them now..

Benji sending bonding vibes for him mummy and daddy, he would also like to ask his mummy not to beat his daddy up when he moves, hes not relly that scary mum!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

okay update
nobody mounts anybody anymore.....havent at all today

however, every now and agen they have a fight, not a big one nobody bites each other but she chases him round the room and nips his bum/they have litle boxing matches but hes only trying to defend himself!! he is clearly beign submissive so why is she doing this? i dont know ehther to carry on or seperate them

Petey and Jessica have been bonded for about 2 years now, never had any issues when they were first put together, no chasing, fighting or anything, they had lived side by side with just a piece of wire between them for 6 months I took the wire awy and they just lay down next to each other, now 2 yrs on for some reason they have started the chasing and mounting and a little bit of biting (but not drawing blood) I dont know why they have suddenly started this but as they are not hurting each other i have just left them to it, they only do it every so often, very weird!!!!

well she did actually just mount him, and peanut didnt care so i know she is the boss

as for your two, can they see other bunnies cus domino and oebbles had love at firsts ight but if they see any othe rbunnies he chases her sumtimes

okay shes pulled fur from him..is this bad

Lilly and Marsha have little spats of chasing, mounting and nipping but no blood, i think its just ranking. x

As long as they are not having full on fights leave the together. Mounting and fur pulling is normal when they're bonding..

hahaha peanut was just lying on the wood flouring all stretched out with his legs backwards, and jelly just leap on him and bcus peanuts so fluffy hes just skidded all along the floor!!!he looks quite suprised 2 say the least, now hes hes jumped on my lap

"please let me stay here mummy"

lol i think it was! he just slid along the foor! there now sitting oppsitite ends of the room just staring at each other

ok 4 the past half hour they hasnt been any chasing, nipping etc they have just ignored each other. is this good??what do i do next

Why don't you try the squashed banana on the heads and then they'll groom each other. . I have a bonded three and thats what I used when I added my 3rd bun.

Dont let him sit on your lap ;)

As their owner you may find they are closer to you than you realised and could actually fight over you or because of you. Dont pet them either.

Rabbit fur is designed to pull out easily. When they mount they hold on which is why a tuft will fall out....it nothing to worry about.

well shes alredy grooming him

she isnt chasing him anymore
problem is, my bunnies arent allowed indoors, my dad will be home at 4 so they have 2 be out by four, and then im going to have to seperate them and wont the process start from scratch next time thye r together?

well she did actually just mount him, and peanut didnt care so i know she is the boss

as for your two, can they see other bunnies cus domino and oebbles had love at firsts ight but if they see any othe rbunnies he chases her sumtimes

okay shes pulled fur from him..is this bad

Yes my 2 can see the other buns but thats the way its always been, they have always had other bunnies living close by when they lived inside they were in 4ft square pens, petey and jess in 1 pen, then Twinkle and Louis living next door in the next pen and so on, now they are outside they have their own hutch and about 3ft across from them is Benji in his hutch with Emily on top in her hutch, Twinkle lived in her hutch on top of Petey and Jessies hutch.

As I said im not too worried about my two, a bit confused as to why they have started this after 2 years of peace and harmony but putting down to the change of moving outside. With your 2 I would monitor them but leave them to sort things out as long as no one is getting hurt.

Back