• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fluffys lonely

belinda67

New Kit
hello, im new to this forum and i wondered can anyone give me some advice, i have a giant continental, fluffy, male, 18 months old,hes an outdoor rabbit very very tame, comes when you call him and loves attention of everyone, i was thinking , because we cant be out there all the time that we could get him a friend because he loves company, the only problem is hes not spayed because when i took him to the vet he said he had such a placid temprement there was no need to have him done, i was wondering can i put a speyed femal with him, and would it have to be a giant, thank you.:wave:

you need to get him neutered and wait a couple of months even with a spayed female, as the chances of them bonding when he's a mad humping luurve machine are very slim - she would most likely get fed up and attack him eventually, and even if she didn't it would hardly be fair for her to live with that unwanted attention constantly.

I agree you definitely need to get him neutered. I dont know if another giant is the best option, im sure someone will be along soon who can give you better advice.
Good luck
Sallyx

hey! welcome tot he forum! pretty much the same advice really, best to get him neutured and them find a spayed female for him, should be the same size as he could injure a smaller bunny unintentionally

thanks all, it looks like poor old fluffys getting the snip after christmas and hopefuully a new friend by the summer:D il try and get some pictures of him on here soon

Back