• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Just Don't Believe It!!!

Ab & Stu

Alpha Buck
:shock: :shock: I was just sitting down to have my dinner tonight when my boyfriend said there's something in our back garden, I thought he was seeing things and as it was dark out it was difficult to see! I leaned over and switched our outside light on and there was a huge white ferret hopping round our back garden!!! :shock: :shock: When he saw the light come on he squeezed himself through a tiny little gap and disappeared! I just can't beleive it I always though our garden was totally enclosed, the gap is so tiny I would have been suprised if a hamster could fit through it! I'm just so lucky that both my buns are house rabbits!!! I am intending on letting them have the run of the garden in summer so am going to block every tiny gap up now just encase!!!

Last edited:
I was! Don't know where he's come from!! I hope he doesn't get run over though as we live so close to a busy road! I just don't know what i would do if my buns lived out! I would probably have camped out next to them over night!!! :lol:

Last edited:
we had one who turned up in our garden once - i think they escape easily as get through tiny holes etc or people just let them go when they have had enough of them. We have a few for rehoming at the rspca at the mo so if you catch it your local one should take it.

oooh now I'm getting nervous - 2 stories about ferrets in one week :shock: I hadn't even given it a thought before. My hutches are barricaded against cats, dogs, foxes, kids, but I didn't worry about the small gap at the base of Maa's run till this week :? I'm sure loads of peeps around here must keep ferrets too :(

I guess ferrets are good climbers, so a fence is not a problem for them. I wish they didn't sell them as pets. People get tired of them and just let them run free.
An area in Germany is having terrible trouble with mink at the moment. Some so-called animal activists released 17.000 mink from a farm, and now 3000 of them are still on the run. They have already killed chickens, pet rabbits and even two puppies. I don't even want to imagine the impact they will have on the wildlife. I hate mink farms, but releasing them all into the wild is a really stupid thing to do.
I guess we now have to think about making our hutches ferret proof, too. They can squeeze through the smallest gaps. :(

Back