• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbit-litter training

Bea

New Kit
Hi- new to this site and new to keeping a rabbit.Always had cats, but never a rabbit so new to it all!

I decided to get a giant house rabbbit-a doe. She is gorgeous and settling in v v well-despite kids-she has lots of hidey places like behind the sofa-under the bed.The only worry i have is litter training- she is litter trained(she is 4 months btw)-uses her litter trays in each room all fine-BUT still getting droppings scattered about and she is scenting the edges of the rooms- not a full wee just smal spots to mark her territory.Will this improve??Or do I just get used to discarding the odd dropping and getting used to rabit scent?

I am clearing the wees up and using pet stain remover-but getting through a lot of it so any ideas of an alternative for that to would be great-thanks!!!

if she is spraying then neutering will help and also reduce her risk of getting cancer.

Try picking up all the little poos any time you see them & put them in the litter tray...also make sure she has lots of hay in the litter tray so she can eat and poop at the same time.

Mine aren't 100% perfect, we always get 4/5 not in the litter tray each day but I think it's pretty good.

Back