• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One reason why fireworks should only be one night a year

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Dolly :(

A particularly loud screaming firework went off from the garden behind ours, :censored: poor Dolly got so frightened she ran straight at me, got caught in the carrier bag I was holding (Veggie time)

Had just got hold of her as another one went off, scaring her again, she bolted out into the garden and tore round and round with the carrier bag caught round her neck and front leg.

Was terrified she was going to hang herself as she ran through the bushes :( Luckily she wedged herself behind my little greenhouse.

Thankfully she came to no harm but it could have been so much worse :(

Poor Dolly :(

Totally agree they should be for one night only, they have been letting them off for a few days here and i guess still a few days to come, one flew into my mums garden scaring Richie almost to death so she had to bring him inside and he didn't much like that either :(

Oh poor girl :( My two are indoors, but I would be really worried about them if they were outside :( I don't like fireworks unless they're an organised event, I've had one nearly hit me in a home display when I was younger :shock: Now I'm quite scared of them, let alone any animals that are near them going off :(

Poor Dolly - I hate to see them so traumatised by something we selfishly do for pleasure (although I hate them).
I wish they'd make the general sale of them illegal - I can't see any need for someone to let off explosives in their garden - in fact given the nanny state we now live in I'm amazed those in authority allow us to have them:lol:
I hope Dolly has calmed down now - give her lots of extra nose rubs, and lets hope it pours down every night for the next week:D

Poor thing. Glad she's ok now.

Family who live behind me were setting off fireworks last night. Their garden backs on to mine. I had to bring in all three buns as they were thumping like crazy.

What annoys me most is how inconsiderate the family were. I was out cleaning out the buns before they started letting them off and they never even mentioned it. It's obvious I have buns.. the three huge hutches kind of give it away but they didn't even give it a second thought. And they were so loud too. Scared me, never mind the bunnies.

When I went out this morning there was the remains of a rocket lying on the grass and it had scorched a patch of grass round the fire work. The scary thing is that it was only lying about a metre from Skye's run. I'm so glad I brought her in last night!! :evil:

Last edited:
awww the poor sweetheart! :(
Unfortunately living behind a shooting range, and by southall... Fireworks are a permanent thing here :roll: - but then at least I guess it helps the bunnies in getting used to them

I've got someone letting them off at the back of me, just been out to my buns they are all in their hidy house in their shed all huddled together :( ..
I can't wait for bonfire night to be over, even the piggies are afraid and they're in the conservatory :(

I have been lucky in the fact that my neighbours know i have rabbits outside and warned me that they were letting them off tonight so as they are so close i have brought the buns in until the fireworks have finished about 21.00 but they are not happy orginized displays on the 5th i say

Heard from Mollys owners yesterday that their neighbourgh had a display without warning them and the smoke has set Mollys very fragile and scarred chest off again :cry:

i could of better ways of spending £10. They are such a waste of money....can't see why anyone wants to listen to a huge *BANG*. Totally pointless.

Trees bun is another good reason, Mopsey another - both ended up at the emergency vets, and my friends mummy bun killed all her babies too :(

Organised fireworks should be the only ones allowed :?

my two were fine on saturday, infact domino was fascinated with tehm nd sat in the runw atching. hwoever last night teh noise was much worse,a nd both hid in teh covered area of teh hutch.

atleast next year we will be in our new hous eso we will eb able tyo put them in teh garage if need be, taht shoudl keep teh nois edown better.

poor babies :-(

Trees bun is another good reason, Mopsey another - both ended up at the emergency vets, and my friends mummy bun killed all her babies too :(

And there was this little girl who got killed by her uncle's dog last year. The dog probably got irritated by the fireworks, too. :(

poor dolly. Im glad she didnt hurt herself.

Are my rabbits just stupid because they all like fireworks. I close by buns over with a tarpaulin every night and over last few nights when the fireworks go off they have all been laying up agaisnt their cages watching them. When i cover them up, they start banging about and clawing the cage bars until i open them up again. They like to watch them and after they eventually dose off to the sounds they let me cover them up. My cats more scared of them.

Completely agree and say it every year. How hard would it really be to only allow organised licensed events and ban the sale to anyone who can't show an issued licence as say an appointed purchaser for such an event?:roll: The way it is now, we can't even predict how many nights we are supposed to keep our animals in. The cats hate being shut in and having to use litter trays and evry year I think, can I let them out now? and they still end up being subjected to late and excessively early eventers. It's not practical to keep them all in for weeks and they don't understand what's happening. I hate it. Just as it clams down I have to prepare for the new years eve session!:evil: Sorry rant over.:oops:

Glad she is ok x

Beau is squashed up beside me shaking right now :( They were already going off when I got home from work so I had to run straight out and get him, poor boy was terrified :cry:

Back