• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

introducing a bonded pair to an existing bonded pair??

emjay

Warren Scout
Does anyone have any advice on this please?

I was originally going to find a third bun to introduce to my bonded pair but have also had suggested to me that it may be 'easier' to add a bonded pair.
I realise that there is no guarantee that either another one or two will work any better and that it will totally depend on the buns but has anyone had any experience of doing this or any tips please?

Mine are house buns (male and female) that have free run of the house when we are at home but remain in their cage when we are not.

Also the cage is plenty big enough for the two since they are fairly small buns (largest being ~2kg), and I am also concerned about the room when confined of adding a further two??

Any advice is greatly apreciated. I really do not want to end up ruining the bond my two already have. Hopefully it will be good for all to be in a group.

Back