• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused dominance

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Hi,
I'm not concerned about this, just more curious. Barney and Roxy seem to swap dominance quite frequently. Roxy will be grooming Barney for a good ten minutes and then start humpng his head! Barney doesn't seem to mind this at all and just lets her get on with it. But Barney also grooms Roxy and will then start to hump her. whats going on?

How long have they lived together?

Bobby and Pippa have been a pair for around 6 months now and they still mount each other but they also mutually groom and are very close as a couple.

None of my other bunnies still 'mount' though.

Only my bonded doe's 'mount'. That is, Moonshine does it to Flopsy every day!!:shock: Generally just before they get fed or get let out. Flopsy doesn't seem to mind and never retaliates.

They've been bonded just over a year. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. They do seem very close as a couple most of the time, I have a feeling that when roxy mounts barney's head he thinks its just more grooming. Maybe they just each think they are the dominant one and doesn't realise the other one thinks they are two :lol:

Back