• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damned fireworks!

Custardpowder

Young Bun
We brought the bunnies in this evening... at 10 we went to put them back as all was quiet and all of a sudden WW3 started outside after more than an hour of peace.
Poor flower was terrified and lept from my daughters arms and fell on the floor, shes now shaking like a leaf. Ive given her rescue remedy and I hope shes ok:(

Awwww poor thing, I hate firworks, i dont see any fun in causing such distress to animals. My dog has been terrified this evening, I have 5 outside bunnies and have had to keep running outside to check on everyone everytime a very loud one goes off which has meant me and hubby have hardly sat still most of the evening, Twinkle seemed the only one who was terrified by it all so I brought her inside its now nearly 11am and hubby has gone to feed them all for me and was going to put Twinkle outside again but it still sounds like WW3 out there, ive now got a migraine for having to worry all evening about my poor buns and doggy. Just wish fireworks could be banned to the general public and limited to organised events only:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

They're an absolute nuisance aren't they? It's the first bonfire night mine have gone through and I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow and Monday. At least they're house bunnies so I can watch them very closely. The poor cat is cowering in a corner and I've got a poor little guinea pig whose friend died earlier today and is stressed enough from that without having to cope with all this racket.

Unfortunately next door's garden backs onto a pub car park and they - and the pub across the road - have bonfire parties on the actual day so Monday night will be like living in a war zone with them going right over my house from both sides.

Rebec

Just wish fireworks could be banned to the general public and limited to organised events only:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Agreed...they are an entirely futile and pointless waste of time which now, after years of scaring and waking up my kids, are now disrupting the peace for my buns!!!

Darn fireworks.

They serve no purpose and have to land SOMEWHERE....I can't be the only one to have had a firework STUCK into the grass/ground in the garden? THat leads me to ask "what would have happened if my head had been in place of the grass" :evil:

Total nightmare, waste of time and scare rabbits, pets and young kids.:evil:

hows my little benji baby???? xxxxxxx scampi has been awful, but also he is pining 4 chubby

Benji has seemed fine tonight, seemed to take it all in his stride, we have taken a few precautions with them all though, we bought an extra carrier yesterday just incase everyone had to come inside, so we had enough carriers for everyone, we also put a light outside tonight and wired up a radio out there (currently having their own party to capital FM party music:lol: )

Hubby has just come in from feeding them and Benji was sitting in his hay basket as usual waiting to be fed. He has spent some time in his bedroom area tonight during the loud ones, wouldnt come out for me but came bounding out when hubby called him:roll: :lol: :lol:

No fireworks here - no Guy Fawkes celebration! Hooray! One of several advantages of living in Spain. I certainly don't miss it as I'm terrified of fireworks, let alone the animals! :roll:

Good luck to everyone coping in the UK. I hate the damned things!

AMETHYST

Had to come back in from the garden because I had stuff raining down on me. The air stinks of smoke. The bunnies are all relaxed, though.

hahahaha!!!! i still want a piccy of him in the haybasket!!! bless his little socks!

i took some the other day ill upload them tomorrow:D Just been out to see everyone, Benji is ignoring me and will only speak to hubby:oops: maybe im in the doghouse coz Twinkle got taken in for the evening but maybe he wanted to be and felt left out:lol: :lol: :lol:

Think when he and Emily are bonded they will make a fine pair as she is now getting just as demanding for nose rubs as Benji is:lol:

They're an absolute nuisance aren't they? I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow and Monday

Absolutely. You should have heard me moaning yesterday about them as they raged all around last night! And I know that this is going to be happening for at least the next few nights. :(
If people want to see a firework display - fine go to an organised event but other than that they should be banned from being sold - they just cause misery for weeks at a time for animals, birds (including wildlife) & stressed animal owners.:censored:

It seems there are alot of people around who have money to burn wasting it on fireworks - I know I sound like a moany old hag but it drives me crazy!!! :oops:
Fortunately Merlin is more chilled out about them than I am but I'm happier that he's in a shed this year - thank goodness for sheds!! :thumb::)

I have to say up until Friday the preceeding week was pretty quiet on the firework front but since then we have had several close garden displays. My cats are terrified and have stayed in from 5pm each evening but the buns and pigs haven't cared at all, I was out in the garden last night with them all loose in the garden at about 6.30 and there were lots of loud bangs and they just carried on grazing as though nothing was going on! It was me that kept jumping :lol:

Back