• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Runs!

rodgerrabbit

Young Bun
Hello Folks

As some of you will know, I built an outsized run for our buns as I didnt fancy them having only a small run which appears to be all you can buy from the shops and indeed, even online .. biggest I seen was 6ft x 6ft....I built a run of 10 x 4.5ft...

However, this takes a fair whack of space in our garden and we have the kids as well...now, its not a problem as we have a fairly large garden but, ideally, I'd like an (even bigger) run that's collapsable...I could re build and hinge my own but I reckon, I'd be better buying one for the job.

So, I started hunting online and found this:
http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=2994

...totally useless as it is for what I want, but if I bought TWO and joined them up to make a big massive rectangle I'd have the best of both worlds i.e. a BIGGGGG run AND, a run thats collapsable...

Anyone got or tried this particular brand/type? Failing that, anyone got any other sources? I cannot leave this up permanently so the buns get out all day as we arent around and foxes galore would be a good description of our area however, when we ARE home, the buns get out as much as poss....4 hours this avo and another 2 tonight.....so, when they are out, I want them to have as much space as possible.

Any inputs, would be appreciated.

RR

Hi
I haven't got the one you linked to, but mine is similar
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/35638
The panels all link together, with either rods in the corners that you push into the ground, or little metal bits that allow the panels to fold.
It has an 18" square door in one short end. Each long side has a cat flap sized slide-up door. The top has a central 2' hatch and also folds up entirely.
With a little diy I'm sure this could be joined to another, to make a massive, yet collapsable run.
Hope this helps.
Vic:)

Hi
I haven't got the one you linked to, but mine is similar
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/35638
The panels all link together, with either rods in the corners that you push into the ground, or little metal bits that allow the panels to fold.
It has an 18" square door in one short end. Each long side has a cat flap sized slide-up door. The top has a central 2' hatch and also folds up entirely.
With a little diy I'm sure this could be joined to another, to make a massive, yet collapsable run.
Hope this helps.
Vic:)

Looks good. I think I seen this one too - thanks for the heads up on it.

Indeed, it could most likely be attached...I know the other one is modular and intended to be "shaped" as needed, is yours able to be downsized i.e. only use some panels or must you use htem all? If you can use some, it will be easy to DIY another one on top making a massive run as there will (hopefully) be an easy means to join and shape as needed.

Looks good tho. Bonus being, this one has a roof - the other I was looking at doesnt so I'd need to make one if I went for the other one!

It is made of eight wall panels and 3 roof panels. It is not intended to be modular, but by removing the little metal hinge things with a pair of pliers and refixing with cable ties you could do what you like. The only limitation would be supporting the roof panels.
Of course, the easiest option would be to arrange two together with their doors lined up. The you wouldn't need to do anything. Don't know why I didn't think of that straight away!
Vic

Back