• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is spraying?

minty

Young Bun
When people say male rabbits "spray" urine around the house etc, what am I looking for, a load or a few spots?

lol well...u wontbe able to tell unless u seee it. but when usee it u know!! it is literallt 'sprays' or urine, like a mini fountain haha

from what i saw on the windows at the rescue i went to... if they are spraying you wont miss it..... lots of smelly pee everywhere.... very happy i got Alvin done before that stage ewwwwwwwwww

Its not like weeing out of the tray on the carpet in puddles, they literally spray it up walls, hutches, furniture, other bunnies, people etc :mrgreen: :lol: Its usually smelly and quite yellow, you can see the colour on light carpets/walls. Bailey used to kick his back feet up when he did it. Got me right in the face once when I was sitting on the floor :lol:

from what i saw on the windows at the rescue i went to... if they are spraying you wont miss it..... lots of smelly pee everywhere.... very happy i got Alvin done before that stage ewwwwwwwwww

On the windows???? Jeepers, how did they manage that lol

thats what i meant by the fountain! imagine....putting your finger over a hose....that effect lol!!!

On the windows???? Jeepers, how did they manage that lol

lol i knowwwwwwwww!!! the cage was at shoulder height and they just sprayed out of it...... never saw em do it, but i was told its their new game now they have come of age... plus chasing each other... gorgeous lads tho..one had blue eyes :love:

the door/windows were a good few feet away from the cage too!!

Not all rabbits go on to do it but the majority do. Females are known to spray to.

Its very anti-social and it stinks. They often direct it at people and each other.

I have to wash the walls in the bun room down regularly and as for the carpet...oh god :roll: ....its beyond help.

As everyone has said, if your rabbit sprays you certainly know about it.

Before Fudge was 'done', each time I put him down in his run I had to dash out of the way as he did it each time, probably to mark out his territory.
If I forgot about it and put Pippa in first she used to get covered, stood there dripping in it, with a look on her face which said 'not again.....':D

Back