• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are fireworks frightening...

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
your bun? :cry:

Dennis was ok with them every now and again but now that they are coming thick and fast hes petrified. :cry: He stood shell shocked for ages then started washing and didn't stop! :shock: Do rabbit wash when stressed like cats?
Currently we are listening to Sister Sledge and some other 70's tunes to try and drown them out... :rolleyes:

all mine r outside buns, all absolutely fine except little scampi

11 weeks old, seperated from his brother chubby 2day as chubby got rehomed, and hes quivvering in an igloo!

i jus came out to see h im opened the door thinking he would run away from me through fear but he bolted onto my lap. wanna bring him side but he wills till hear them and be an unfamilar enviroment so i decided to leave him outside

They just started letting some off across the road here... I keep seeing the flashes through the curtains, and of course can hear the bangs... Barney was fine with them last year, and Amber seems to be reassured by Barney... but I have a bunny in my shed right now and I don't know if she's used to fireworks or not...

i bring mine in just incase. People all round me have their own displays in gardens etc and a bit too close for comfort. Also kids let them off in the street and i would rather be safe than sorry!

Mine are all indoors and most are OK except Bobbie :cry: She is sitting quivering on my lap as a type :cry:
What, exactly, is the point of :censored: fireworks..........:evil:

Janex

The brats behind us seem to be having a "firework party". The buns are inside but a particularly loud one earlier scared them. They're now in the lounge watching x-factor but can still hear loads outside :evil:

i jus went out to see him again and hes curled up in the igloo shivering! but if i bring him indoors hes only alloed in the sonservatory which jus metred from the garden...so it really wotn make a difference. my poor little guy

I want to know why it goes on for two whole weeks either side of bonfire night! :censored:

It's just an excuse for people to think they're hard setting off explosives :lol:

I'm not sure if it was related but when I went down to see Bobbin a little while ago he went rather ballistic... he was charging about his cage and thumping like I've never seen before, it was a bit frightening. Luckily he soon calmed down when he saw that I was carrying hay :D But for a moment he did scare me a bit :?

They are getting thicker and faster now though, I hope everybun is ok

They're getting louder here... I dunno... If I go check on my bunny on her own in the shed, would that alarm her more? :( I can't bring her inside because tomorrow she's going to a rescue where I assume she'll be living outside and I don't want any shock given to her system due to temperature change.

All mine are inside apart from Nancy. She's fine, just went to see her & she just looked at me as she ate some hay :lol: The indoor ones are fine as well, thought Rubix & Sophie would be scared 'cos they're in the conservatory but they're not :D

There are really loud fireworks around here. Milly and Molly are snuggled together but overall, they look relaxed. They are in the living area so they don't feel threatened enough to hide in their bedroom, so it's good so far.

Well mine are ok. pringle is fine, patch and beji are bit scared, a loud one went off earlier, my cat has not come back for hours :cry: xx

mine aren't bothered at all - Benny fell asleep on the patio yesterday evening whilst watching them :lol: Just let the shed bunnies out for supper and they don't seem bothered either. Possibly if it was next door, but not across the road anyway.

The brats behind us seem to be having a "firework party". The buns are inside but a particularly loud one earlier scared them. They're now in the lounge watching x-factor but can still hear loads outside :evil:

not sure which make the most racket, the fireworks or the people trying to sing on X factor!!!

:lol: :lol:

I hate fireworks. All these poor little frightened animals. One of my client's rabbits died of shock last firework night.

Minty has been in the lean-to tonight for quite a while, it's a lot cooler in there than in the main house.

Back