• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grasses

~bailey~

Mama Doe
Well, I got the sample pack of hays from the Hay Experts and figured out which ones the bunnies liked. They loved the Friendship Estates grass, but not the orchard grass. Unfortunately there is nothing else but the grass that I want to get from HE and I'm not paying all that postage just for a bag of grass :lol: What is the 'Just Grass' from Bunny Basics like? I wanted to get Readigrass, but its sold out and it seems very expensive from Pampered Piggies which is where I'm getting the rest of the stuff from :? Just wondered about other bunny's experiences with different grasses :D

Mine love Just Grass but refused to eat Readigrass which I bought a huge bag of :roll:

Last edited:
preston has tried quite alot of different hays & grasses and we found that the friendship grass is his fav. we get this from the hay experts 3 or 4 bags at a time so the postage is spread out over each bag and doesn't seem so much in comparison especially when a bag is only £3 which is good for the size of bag

You can get the friendship estates grass in most petshops ;)

Can't remember exactly where you are but Arkade Pet Supplies in Havant sell Friendship Estates Dried Grass

My Buns love the just grass, sometimes I mix in a pinch of herbs or cone flower but even on its own the buns love it.

You can get the friendship estates grass in most petshops ;)

Can't remember exactly where you are but Arkade Pet Supplies in Havant sell Friendship Estates Dried Grass

Oo excellent, thanks :D Havant is reachable for me (or I could send my mum :lol:) I didn't realise you could get it not online! I think I will get some Just Grass for now to tide them over until I can get some FE stuff. Thanks all :D

I get just grass from our local horse food supplier, about £8 for 15kg. The buns love it, although I do mix in lots of hay too as it's a little short for the best munching and is quite rich in protein too, so causes excess cacotrophs if too much is eaten.

Wierd though, mine loved the orchard grass. The will litterally eat it out of my hands like pellets and have never been so enthusiastic about any hay/grass before but it is WAY to expensive to give on a daily basis.

Back