• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of you have bonded female buns?

Just wondering, if many of you have a pair of girls?

Did any of you bond them yourselves? I'm thinking of bonding mine next month, and I know when I bonded Jessica with Jasper, Jessica was a bit of a mare - she's quite highly strung!

Just wondering if it will be harder to bond her to Rosie as she's also a girl?

originally my chelsea was a pair of two sisters who lived together un neutered until we got them and decided for health reasons to do them... tho they stil were happy together. since choccy died chels was alone we eventually tried her with different males at a rescue and she turned her nose up at them all we eventually found a small black bunny she took a shine too and started licking when we put them together... unfortunatly back at home things didnt work out... both rabbits wanted to be the non dominant rabbit and kept puching heads underneath each other when that didnt work out the little one attacked at chels and they fought unfortunatly due to her age we decided that new bun was not to be (she was a good few years younger than our 9yr old chels and figured that all the bouncing around of new bun was a bit much for chels who is a bit slower these days.)

i really really hope you can bond yours let me know how u get on!

My two girls are sisters so were originally bonded. It may be harder because Rosie is a girl so I would spay her and Roise and then bond so their hormones don't get in the way.

i have boomer and sparrow together who are both unrelated spayed females but it was a really difficult bonding compared to any of my others but they are so good together and are really close.Boomer occasionally chases sparrow but there is no fighting or fur pulling x

Used to have three girls pairs

Now have two, one was a male/female pair that I added a second female too, the other one are a pair of sisters

I had two un-related, un-spayed females living together, when I bonded them one was about 1 year old, the otehr was about 8 months, it was awful bonding them, it took about three months and I ended up with a very stressed bunny, but as soon as they were bonded, they were best friends.(The white lop, Flopsy sadly passed away. :cry: )
1015-1.jpg

my neutered males and un-spayed females get on alot easier than Holly and Flospy.

We used to have two girls living together at school. They were litter-mates but when they reached 6 months we had to separate them due to fighting.:cry:
Kiara later attacked a young female nethie. :shock: Not sure if that's just her being her usual nervous self or if Nuske reminded her of her sister Nala. (Yes, we did think of the Lion King when we named them)
These two weren't neutered though.
My teacher doesn't want to keep any rabbits that cannot be used for breeding anyway, so she got my favorite Kiara put to sleep (had it not been for mom saying no I could have saved her:cry: )

Yes i have. They have been together since very young, had a 6 week separation following their spays (due to fighting) but the rebond was pretty easy (compared to other people on here!) :D

I bonded two females. ^^ Two unspayed females, actually... It was about 7 years ago, and I had no idea vets spayed rabbits... My Benji and Bonnie (I thought Benji was male when I bought her...) lived together quite happily. I'd had Benji a year before getting Bonnie, and the two never fought once. It was sweet when, towards the end when Benji became ill, Bonnie used to sit beside her in the run being very protective.

I bonded my 2 girls when they were about 4 months old, both being unspayed.

i didn;t think it was paticularly difficult, though i've never bonded rabbits before this, so i dunno reactions between diffterent pairings. there wssom chasing and fur pulling, but no proper fights. it took me about a weke to bond them, and i put them in the same hutch together after 2. they're best friends, and both are now spayed :D

Ruth xx

I have 3 girls. 2, Rose and Bluebell are unneutered rescue bunnies who were introduced to each other in July at the rescue. I don't know their personal bonding story. Bluebell is more dominant but they get along fine and live in the same hutch.
Daisy is my neutered, originally VERY dominant female who was actually a PAH rabbit. I only got her in June, at PAH she was separated from the other girlies as she was 'too bossy'. She has her own hutch
When I first introduced them all, just 2 weeks after Daisy's spay, it was a complete fur flying disaster with Daisy attacking both.
After that I daren't let them near each other so either R and B were loose in the garden and D in the run, or vice versa. At least they got used to each other's scent and sight.
After reading on here and on the web, I left it a few weeks like that then decided to try the neutral territory bonding method. My intentions were purely to get them all out enjoying the garden together, not that all 3 would live together.
I used the bath, and it only took 3 sessions- at first there was a bit of squabbling, nothing too nasty, between Daisy and Bluebell but Bluebell seemed to accept they Daisy (the spayed one!) could be the boss.
It's been 3 weeks now, and they all spend anything between 1 and 10 hours together in the garden a day. I leave both hutches open and often they will be sitting in each other's hutches. At night Daisy goes into her own hutch. They don't fight at all.
My personal theory is that Daisy is so dominant naturally - she is also much bigger than them, she is a beautiful big English Spot- but that the spay has evened things out a bit, and she is now happy to tolerate the other two.
I just hope it lasts.
Good luck!!

I attempted to bond two neutered adult females and I've never seen anything like it- they literally wanted to kill each other. I'm not a bonding wuss either and both had previously bonded with males, but they would just not accept each other.

I sometimes let my un-neutered doe Aroma run around outside Zakura's pen (she is neutered) and despite Aroma's frequent attempts at getting near her, Zakura tries to attack her through the fence:( Never dared to let them meet without a wire fence between them:? In opposition to Sasuke who seems REALLY eager to meet her:D But hey, he's a buck and he loves his girls, nothing odd about that:lol:
It all depends on the rabbit though. Not sure what goes on through Zakura's head, she's okay with bucks and youngsters. (She did try to mount a 3-month old doe once, but she didn't attack her:D )

I had two sisters (Ruby and Millie) bonded for 6 years, and I have never ever seen two rabbits have such a special, deep and meaningful bond.:D

I have a girly trio of mum and two daughters from two separate litters (4 weeks apart:evil: )
They were getting fiesty pre-neuter, but since neutering things have calmed down and there is just the odd bit of chasing and fur pulling - mostly mum putting her daughters in their place.:lol:
I'd definately neuter first and give them a few weeks for the hormones to calm down before trying to bond....good luck

Moonshine and Flopsy are both does's and were bonded before they were spayed, when babies. They've been together about a year and a half now and are really close.

I have pairs of does living VERY harmoniously together. Cocoa and Poppet are my chocolate coloured Dutch crosses that I adopted from Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue. They are mother and daughter, and both spayed. They are VERY close. I also have Lola and Suzy, whom I adopted from ARC. They are unrelated Dutch does who were bonded into a trio for me by Janice with a Dutch boy, Petie. All three are neutered. There is NEVER any kind of squabbling or fighting amongst them, and Lola and Suzy are VERY close. A few years back I also had a mother and daughter pair of Rex does who were both unspayed, and they also got along beautifully all their lives.:D

yep, ive had bonded unspayed females. Ginger and Sugar were, Bonnie and Sugar, and Gypsy, Rusty, and April.

Edit: :oops: I was searching for a topic and forgot thta i was searching (thought iw as looking at new posts). sorry for replying to a very old thread.

There's 5 females in my group of 9. Only 2 are sisters - the rest are unrelated. the only problem I really had was with the sisters:lol:

Back