• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swapping hutches

Custardpowder

Young Bun
Has anyone got any thoughts or advice on this??

We had flower first and so put her in the hutch we had which has a large run underneath which extends forard by at least 1ft. Unfortunately we dont have room for two of these at present.
I bought another hutch with an under run but no extending bit to the front for Thumper in a bit of a rush, we got ripped off on ebay and sent a dreadful hutch so I had to get one from a petshop, the largest we could afford while arguing for our money back via ebay... and thumper needed housing as we'd arranged to collect him!

The smaller would be fine for flower(shes a dwarf netherland) and the larger one better for Thumper( whos quite a sizable 'dwarf' lop)
Ideally Id like to bond them but not until after thumper is neutered obviously and were not sure if flower would be better alone, she used to get attacked by the rabbit she was with before we got her.

Can I swap them over after giving the hutches a really good clean, also would it be ok to share the run my daughter is making( one at a time obviously!) any thoughts?

If your looking to bond them it would be better for Thumper to live in the hutch they will eventually co-habit.

Back