• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outraged at P@H.....

Alpha

Warren Scout
I always tend to pop into my local P@H in oldbury west mids just to have a look at the bunnies and check out welfare...BUt my God i came out today Disgusted - there was a Giant Breed Rabbit its accomodation was ok but its the price £129.00 for the Rabbit .........i couldnt get my breath!!!!!! When so many are in homes needing new forever homes. how can they justify that price. And the Adoption section i noticed was right tucked away at the back, and the actual space those rabbits had was not really suitable for my liking.

£129.00........i still cant get over it!!! :censored:

is it just me or would that upset someone else.........would not be so bad if it was profit and going towards the Breed as Part of a Rescuse Centre......

They're a business not a rescue, their goal is to make money. Would you rather they sold giant rabbits to the public for a tenner :?

I went into Pets at home the other day & there was a giant for £130 too :( There was also no hay in 2 of the cages, told them there was none & they said they would put some more in but I don't know if they actually did :roll: In the adoption centre bit there was one bun who looked so sad and was squashing itself under the tunnel to hide :( Haven't been in there for a while and now I know why.

They sell them for £129.00 because they are spayed before they are sold and the cost covers the vets bills

Hopefully the price tag will put off impulse buyers. I'm still wondering why they label the giants as "House Rabbit" though? Does anyone know?

Our local P@H has one in as well, a gorgeous agouti that has been there for ages now. I'm also appalled at the adoption pens though, it makes me feel quite ill when they have buns in them :(

At least p at H are getting them spayed before they sell them, so they cant be breed from once bought

I personnaly would rather they didnt sell giants fullstop but at least that price will put off impulse buyers.

Also if they are speyed first then the owners get a feel for how big these bunnies will actually be as they are older when they are sold.

Someone i know asked why they were being sold as house rabbits and pets at home said it was because they dont sell a hutch there big enough.
Seems its a nationwide thing because one has just been sold here for the same.

There is one in ours as well £129 hes been there about 5 weeks now i am sure its the same one because hes grown so much, I wonder if they will realistically be able to sell them?

They're a business not a rescue, their goal is to make money. Would you rather they sold giant rabbits to the public for a tenner :?

I am well aware that they are a business and not a resuce centre!!!!!
And no i would not rather they sell them for a tenner - I would rather they NOT sell them at ALL!!!!:censored:

And nowhere on the price tag did it say that they came neutered In fact it said very little at all!!!!:censored:

All i am saying is why do they have to sell animals FULL STOP......they could make enough money selling products........

i think its awful but i think what tamsin was saying is 'at least there not cheap' bcus if they were cheap, this situ would happen

'oh cute rabbits lets get one' (we all know THAT too well) but then...'oh look, theyve got big ones, yeh i like the big one, okay wel have that one'

where as the price would put off implulse buyers

doesnt fix it all, and it is only that way 4 profit, but im glad there not cheap

WEll yes i can see that - at least it will it will make people think about it a little before having one at the price they are - i can see that.

It just makes me angry - that they have to sell them in those smallish pens then people go away and think thats suitable when in reality it isnt. It gives a false impression and if they to promote the breed then why cant they list rescue centres that are crying out for homes for the giants....OH i dont know perhaps its me - I just think its a shame those beautiful creatures.

Our local pets @ home has the giant in a large pen, mind the one close to me seem to be one of the good ones.

id pay £130 for a giant... same way id buy a dog for £500 if it was the dog i wanted...

i love going to pets @ home and looking at the giants but most times they are sold :( so i go and admire the degus instead.....lol

There was a giant in my local today too :(

It was beautiful, also £129. No mention of neutering tho.

I dont see how its a bad thing :? Maybe people will think twice about buying giant buns. I doubt pet shops are going to stop selling rabbits any time soon so its better than nothing I suppose, and seeing as pet shops over here dont even sell hutches suitable for small rabbits im glad the bigger buns cost more :D

our local pets at home has a notice up regarding the cost and spaying:D

Ours doesn't :? :roll:

SillyRabbit said:
Maybe people will think twice about buying giant buns.

I wouldn't :oops: But then I'm not one of the usually clueless members of the public ;)

Don't get me started on what I saw this morning at my local one :evil: :censored: :evil: :(

Back