• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 males together??

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
As some may know, with my recent, erm, discovery that Little bun is actually a boy, I was wondering how well dustbunny and he would get on. They have been getting on fine apart from the occasional light squabble until I discovered "his secret" . Last night Little bun kept mounting dustbunny, who would give chase and several well deserving nips to his tail-area. no blood was drawn. After this, little bun would flatten himself to the floor, dustbunny would come over and lick him, then demand to be licked, but within 5 mins the whole process had started again- this went on for a while. I am going to ring the vets today and get an appointment for little bun to get the snip, but was wondering the chances of them getting back together 100%. Does anyone else have 2 neutered males together, or experience what I did?? All input appreciated!!!

I have to neutered males together but they also live with a speyed doe.

What you are saying sounds like normal bonding behaviour to me.

Once they are neutered Im sure things will settle down :D I have two neutered bucks living together and have done for nearly 5 years. I aloso have two neutered bucks living with two spayed does.

I have two neutered males that live together:D
There is sometimes the odd scuffle but nothng major.I got them from a rescue two years ago:D

But they've been together for 5 mos or so!! Before this, they got along fine... weird.

But at least one of the them is still 'intact'.

Therefor has developed hormones and that encourages this type of behaviour....he would have been to young to respond to the situation in an adult manner previously.

I have a neutered male (dad) who lives with his son and daughter - they are nearly 1. They were reintroduced back to him when they were about 10 weeks old, I think. She is spayed but the male is unneutered. (he was the runt of the litter and if I can get away without having him go under anaesthetic I will).

They get on fine in the normal hutch/run area. When I put them out in the garden, and I guess they are trying to assert thier dominance in a new area, they occassionally have a little bit of circling each other. They then settle happily.

Dont know if that helps but good luck.

I hae 2 boys together, they were girls when I got them :roll: til I took them for their first myxi jags and she told me they were actually both boys. I had to book them in2 get the snip but by that time they were fighting, I had 2 keep them apart for 6 weeks til the testosterone calmed down then rebond them, took about 5 days, they'v been back together for over a year now

I've got two brothers who've been together since birth. They started a bit of circling, mounting and nipping just before they were neutered at 5 months, but thats all calmed down now and they just sit side by side and lick each other.

Back