• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's a bunny ad for a one year old pregnant female holland lop...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
... on free ads, being sold for five quid and apparently 'would be good for a breeder'. A week ago the same person advertised on another site, and never said how far along this pregnancy was. A week ago she was also advertised with three or four male bunnies, but they're not featured anywhere on free ads so I'm assuming they've found homes already. Wouldn't the stress of her being sold whilst pregnant be dangerous to her and her babies?

She's three miles away from me. It's really, really bugging me. It did when she was featured on this other site - so much so the link ended up in my favourites to keep looking back - and now today she's been added on free ads. My mum has pointed out that we have no idea as to how many babaies she could produce. Which is true, but I can't just ignore her. .-. Advice please? It just worries me that this person would sell her whilst pregnant and for 5 quid, to anyone who fancies breeding rabbits... I have images of her being used as a breeding machine... Maybe I'm just a drama queen. :roll:

I don't think my taking her and then not knowing what to do with any babies would be good... I'd hate to dump them on any rescue when they're already so full, and it's not like anyone around here needs or wants rabbits. Ack. So yes... advice please?

I saw that one a few days ago :( the pregnant bunnies on freeads really get me down... you can almost always find a pregnant rabbit on the freeads :cry:
It really is a huge problem - irresponsible, stressful for the mum, not to mention illegal :evil:

I've just never seen one so close to me... I feel as if I can help, so should help in some way. :( I hate that they're selling her now, after she is pregnant, and for five quid with recommendations someone who breeds takes her.

I saw that ad, too. You can buy her with a "large hutch", wonder what they define as large in this case. Might be another breeder trying to get rid of his bunnies. I would not pay him/her any money, and even if you got her for free, I'd make sure you have the backup of a rescue to help you with the babies.

Exactly!
I've been thinking about both those things... The large hutch had me doubting it... And that's the problem. I don't know of any rescues to help with the babies. I have a large indoor cage that I used to keep my guinea pigs in, anyway... but I don't have room to keep any babies.

That is a lot to consider, but at least you care, which is more than the current "owner" does. I hope someone can help her, there are so many poor bunnies, I wish I had super powers to help them all :cry: (sorry for the mini-hijack).

I know. :/
So do I - and knowing I can't frustrates me, but then this one is nearby and if I can then I want to help her... I can certainly go and pick her up, and I wouldn't care about paying the five pounds... I expect I could keep her and house her and her babies until they're weaned, I'd just be unable to find homes for her babies... and I don't know of rescues in my area that could take them... And I'm not sure if it'd be unfair to dump them on a rescue when rescues are already often full. :cry:

there is elaine in ashton who is a member on here and is a rescue,i got bobby off her but would not know if she is full but do know where she is.

Last edited:
I've visited Elaine when looking for a friend for Barney. ^^; But would any rescue really be ab le to help with this? ..; I mean, all I can find out is that holland lops have on average 3.2 or 3.8 kits per littler. x_x; So, about 4... If they'd even be born alive that is...

Aw, thank you. ^^

The bunny is three miles from me, apparently... I put my postcode in, and it said that... so I don't know exactly. :oops: I keep telling myself I could walk three miles, hehe.

I can find a space for her but I refuse to pay breeders, if you can get her free then you can drop her in no prob

Yaaay. :p
I shall phone them tomorrow morning to find out where they are... I don't expect they'd appreciate a phonecall at this time. Much happier now!

Back