• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok for a few pulled hairs between two buns?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
My girls get on really well, they snuggle together, they eat together, they play together. But I have noticed recently that Milly takes chunks of hair out of Molly. It's only one hair bunch, but I'm wondering if this may evolve into a problem. I plan to spay them at the beginning of next month, with which they will be 5 months old. When Molly arrived, she did have bald patches and I was wondering if these were from her brothers and sisters. She's grown a beautiful coat now. It has happened since they arrived, but only like once a week or something like that. It's now something like three times a day. I think they are more homonal and I hope that spaying will sort it out. It's always Milly pulling Molly's fur, never the other way around. Milly is more dominant over the two, she gets a drink if she says, she gets the box if she says. Milly doesn't pull any faces, Molly just knows. Is there anything I can do?

I think that's fairly normal for 2 pre-spay girls. it's good that there is one dominant one, rather than 2 , as that is when fighting happens. Check that there are no wounds where the fur has been pulled from, as these could get infected. I still find odd fur tufts around with my 2, who are spayed, they just need to make sure who is in charge! You could make sure they have a little house or somewhere for one to hide should things begin to escalate into a fight. I found this helped with mine :D

I sometimes find tufts of Amber fur out in the run... Barney is the more dominant bunny, and if Amber sits in 'his' corner when he wats to sit there, he's prone to nipping her to make her move. Then again, he does the same with me. x_o She has so much fur though that she's unlikely to ever be bald or him to reach the skin... I just put it down to Barney being a little, er... imp. Yes. An imp.

Seems perfectly normal. My lionhead sometimes does the same to my girly bun just to let her know hes in charge. Its usually when my other buns are out on the grass and they arent out yet! Luckily fiver is very quick and manages to outrun him most of the time. Am sure once neutered will not happen nearly as much if at all

Back