• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Success stories after a fight?

Fionabun

Mama Doe
Hiya everyone! Not posted around here for a wee while.

I need mega Archie and Clover bonding vibes, hopefully second time lucky. They had a major scrap after a week of being loved up back in March and have been separated ever since :( I haven't tried again until now.

I am moving house at the end of the month. The garden patio isn't sizeable enough to house them as individuals, given that I also have a bonded trio. So if they bond everybun can have a bigger house.

Kareen at Fife Rabbit Rescue is helping me out thank god as I am now a coward after the last attempt. If it works out they will stay with her until I move. I will miss my wee babies :( :( :oops: We are making the trip tomorrow

Does anyone have success stories of two rabbits who have fought being successfully reintroduced?

I'm in the process of re-bonding my 2 neutered bucks after one came home after his castration & decided he hated the other bunny. He would attack him when he came near. The other bunny remained calm for a couple of days & ran away if he was attacked but then got fed up & decided to give as good as he got.

I've been doing the re-bonding the slow way - the boys are in seperate cages in 1 room. At any one time 1 bunny is shut in his cage & the other has the run of the room & then I swap them over. It's slow progress but they have got much better. Now they are often sitting calmly next to each other one in the cage & one outside it.

I'm waiting until Christmas & will then try them together & see if the season of good will is celebrated by bunnies!

Similar story, Jess decided to hate Elsie the day after their spays, continual fighting, each having big scars, was SO awful. They were separated for about a month,as I was scared, :oops: Bond attempt one- I wimped out after about 6 hours following a further fight. Second bond worked and they are now in love 95% of the time, the odd hump still, but I'm a brave girl now!! :D (I think I was the one with the main problem!)

Trip was being a bit nasty to Scarlett after her spay so I seperated them until she had recovered :D They were only apart about a week and a half and rebonded with no problems :D

Good luck xxx

hello! i separated my two for about 2 or 3 months as Boo was still trying to hump Angel and she didn't like it!

I had Angel inside and Boo stayed in the shed, then i took them to Angie65 who re-bondd them for me.

They've been home for about 2 weeks now and both living back in the shed. So far so good.....!! :D

ps: they had been full on fighting when i separated them, really nasty.

Back