PDA

View Full Version : Advice ignored..

honeybunny
02-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Had a call from a lady wanting 2 guinea pigs for her sons birthday..She was willing to care for them..but her hub had built a hutch that was too small..and had a steep ramp..so i explained the hutch would need extending etc..

She said but I need then for Saturday:roll: ..I explained it was good to teach children that animals welfare has to come first and if the boy had to wait a couple more days surely it would be fine..

She said yes she understood and would ring me back yesterday...She didn't..
I just rang her and guess what?
She is leaving the hutch as it is and has bought 2 gps from a petshop.. wonder if she'll ring me back when the poor little things drop off the ramp?? :(

sally1974
02-11-2007, 12:30 PM
there is no helping some people
Sallyx

Minimallow
02-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Poor piggies. Obviously couldnt care less about them. Pity the petstore didnt ask the same questions you did. :evil:

baileydonut
02-11-2007, 12:32 PM
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH, why don't people listen?

Which will be first? GP's fall off or son loses interest?

Any joy with the lady about Sean and Dermot?

Pringle
02-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh god no :cry: :cry: :cry:

bunnymadhouse
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
:( :( :( :(

bangs head against wall:roll: :roll:

karen354
02-11-2007, 01:16 PM
That's what I've had with the two foster pigs I have here.. A lady phoned me up last week wanting the piggies for her daughter, I explained the size hutch/cage she'd needed to adopt them from me. She emailed me a few days back to say she had bought two baby piggies from the petshop and she could use the cage she had which worked 2ft by 1ft :( the petshop told her that size was fine even when they had grown to adults :( that would be big enough as piggies don't need the room :(

Doncat5
02-11-2007, 01:19 PM
She said yes she understood and would ring me back yesterday...She didn't..
I just rang her and guess what?
She is leaving the hutch as it is and has bought 2 gps from a petshop.. wonder if she'll ring me back when the poor little things drop off the ramp?? :(

No Jill, she'll probably ring you back when the unexpected litter of babies arrive!!!!

:censored: :evil:

Anyone for a couple of paracetamol????

Jocelyn
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
That really is awful. When I got my first pets (2 gerbils) when I was 10, they were technically a birthday present but I had to wait and didn't mind at all - I was impatient and excited but it didn't matter as long as I got them eventually! Some people are awful :(

Out of interest, what is the recommended cage size for a gpig?

Toffee4ever
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
2 Piggies require 4ft by 2ft

Leanne
03-11-2007, 12:06 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Vikki*and*the*buns
03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
awww poor piggies:(

March Hare
03-11-2007, 12:13 AM
How in the WORLD can anyone even CONTEMPLATE keeping them in a cage or hutch so small?!?:evil: :evil: :evil:

Poor piggies.:cry: :cry: :cry: But I expect that you will eventually end up with them.:roll: :evil:

I really despair of people sometimes.

Gem
03-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Just how bad the education that is out there is and that rescues are fighting a loosing battle at the moment :(