• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice ignored..

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Had a call from a lady wanting 2 guinea pigs for her sons birthday..She was willing to care for them..but her hub had built a hutch that was too small..and had a steep ramp..so i explained the hutch would need extending etc..

She said but I need then for Saturday:roll: ..I explained it was good to teach children that animals welfare has to come first and if the boy had to wait a couple more days surely it would be fine..

She said yes she understood and would ring me back yesterday...She didn't..
I just rang her and guess what?
She is leaving the hutch as it is and has bought 2 gps from a petshop.. wonder if she'll ring me back when the poor little things drop off the ramp?? :(

Poor piggies. Obviously couldnt care less about them. Pity the petstore didnt ask the same questions you did. :evil:

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH, why don't people listen?

Which will be first? GP's fall off or son loses interest?

Any joy with the lady about Sean and Dermot?

That's what I've had with the two foster pigs I have here.. A lady phoned me up last week wanting the piggies for her daughter, I explained the size hutch/cage she'd needed to adopt them from me. She emailed me a few days back to say she had bought two baby piggies from the petshop and she could use the cage she had which worked 2ft by 1ft :( the petshop told her that size was fine even when they had grown to adults :( that would be big enough as piggies don't need the room :(

She said yes she understood and would ring me back yesterday...She didn't..
I just rang her and guess what?
She is leaving the hutch as it is and has bought 2 gps from a petshop.. wonder if she'll ring me back when the poor little things drop off the ramp?? :(

No Jill, she'll probably ring you back when the unexpected litter of babies arrive!!!!

:censored: :evil:

Anyone for a couple of paracetamol????

That really is awful. When I got my first pets (2 gerbils) when I was 10, they were technically a birthday present but I had to wait and didn't mind at all - I was impatient and excited but it didn't matter as long as I got them eventually! Some people are awful :(

Out of interest, what is the recommended cage size for a gpig?

How in the WORLD can anyone even CONTEMPLATE keeping them in a cage or hutch so small?!?:evil: :evil: :evil:

Poor piggies.:cry: :cry: :cry: But I expect that you will eventually end up with them.:roll: :evil:

I really despair of people sometimes.

Just how bad the education that is out there is and that rescues are fighting a loosing battle at the moment :(

Back