• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unexplained weight loss + sugarplums grown a tooth!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
just taken all the rabbits to the vets for their injections.

Caramel seems to have lost over half a kilo, gradual weight loss over the course of the year despite not eating any less :? Her teeth are fine! The vet thinks she may be older than I was told she was and that it is age related! I'm just wondering what else could cause a rabbit to lose weight with out any change in activity or food intake levels ? :? Under all that fluff she's all skin and bone!!!

After having all her teeth removed over 2 operations Sugarplum seems to have grown a peg tooth and a lower tooth again :( So she might be needing another op, not impressed! I have to keep an eye on it, the lower tooth was visiable but not protruding!

I'm not too sure why but I think it is quite common for buns to find it harder to maintain weight as they get older (perhaps the digestive function is not as efficient) and therefore you should up their pellets.

thanks. Will do, i feel mean now as she always finishes everything and asks for more and I've just been giving her more hay!!!

From the ages I was given when i collected her she would only be 4 now but the vet thinks she is older. I guess it makes sense as her sister passed away for no apparent reason earlier in the year!

Back