• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you wash your bunny's feet?

How often do you wash your bunny's feet?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every few days

• Once every week

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Once every 2 weeks

• Once every 3 weeks

• Once a month

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • More than once a month

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
Quite often after they pee, the urine soaked their feet and they become wet. As such, they need to be washed. Does this happen to you? If so, how often do you wash their feet?

Last edited:
never had to wash my bunnies feet my two are pretty clean....although they have manged to dip them in their water bowlk before :roll: does that count? :lol: :lol:

I wasn't able to vote, as there wasn't a "never" option.I've never felt it necessary to wash their feet. Their hutch is kept clean and dry, and when they wee they lift their tails up and so the urine doesn't touch their feet as far as I know. Rabbits are pretty efficient at keeping themselves clean unless there's a medical problem, in which case I suppose the answer would be "whenever it seemed necessary":)

I tried to do Charlies once after he was digging in his litter box with his little white paws and they were a nice yellow colour- it didn't shift it and he wasn't keen on being washed so I haven't ever done it since.

i was worrie dwhen i saw the title of this thread that i hadnt been doing soemthing i shoudl of lol....so glad to read lots of other "nevers"...

my bunnies both have white feet, being english,a nd an english cross, but they tend to keep them nice and clean, so never had a need to.

Jason, what bedding are you using, I tend to put megazoerb down in litter trays, it soaks the wee :wave:

Closest I've ever been to "washing" a rabbit's feet is when I had to put fucidin on Sasuke's paws because he had sore paws.
They don't have to be washed, and if they walk around with dirty paws all the time something's not right.

I don't wash my bunnies feet either, with a very rare few exceptions when they have been ill and made themselves exceptionally messy or something. I keep them clean and dry, and their feet are always clean and don't require any help from me! I do let them outside throughout the year in runs, but as the runs have paving slabs in them mud isn't an issue either. In litter trays I put lots of layers of newspaper in the bottoms covered by a thick layer of soft barley straw, so they don't get wee feet!!!:D

Never washed my bunnies feet... they don't need it! I just make sure I use lots of litter to soak up the wee, then if they DO get things on their feet they spend half their time grooming anyway so always lovely and clean! :D

I have to clean Nala's feet/bottom area occasionally cos she sits on the floor and wee pours out of her so she ends up sat in a puddle :roll: I dont sit her in water though i use babywipes :D Simba and Fifi always have white feet so i dont touch theirs :D

I only washed sooty once when he has a bladder infection/possible EC and was wetting himself.

Otherwise i use a littler of hay on top of megazorb/sawdust, changed once ever 2 days at most..... and the pee goes straight through.

Back